Mens Tennis Forums banner

News and articles about David

61K views 515 replies 57 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
I thought it might be nice since he's got his own forum now we could have a thread devoted to this.

So here's the first contribution, from the ATP Insider the week of Madrid:

On Tuesday afternoon following his victory, CARLOS MOYA paid a visit to the INDESIT Stand where he signed hundreds of autographs while DAVID FERRER visited the RICOH and MERCEDES-BENZ lounges.

-- > On Wednesday afternoon, JAMES BLAKE, MARK KNOWLES, DANIEL NESTOR and NENAD ZIMONJIC took part in the Mercedes-Benz clinic. DAVID FERRER, NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO signed autographs at the Prince booth.

#354 ·
:wavey: From French TENNIS+ Oct./Nov. 2012

I translate

What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?
- I brush my teeth.

The last thing before going to bed?
- I need to read a few pages before falling asleep.

Who is your favorite personality?
- Nelson Mandela.

What was your favourite subject at school?
- History

Aside from tennis, what do you like most in life?

- Staying with my family and friends, doing other sports such as paddle, football or cycling.

What do you hate most?
- I won’t tell you.

What was your most recent big purchase?
- I'm building a house in my village in Spain.

What do you listen to most often on your iPod?
- Madonna, Michael Jackson and also Spanish songs.

If you get hungry during the night, what do you eat?
- A fruit

When was the last time you cried?
- When my grandfather died a few years ago.

One of your last big parties?
- With all the Spanish team at the end of the London Olympics.

Aside from your racquet, what do you take always with you?
- My iPad, it's always with me, to access the Internet, to read, look at pictures.

How many friends do you have on Facebook?
- I do not have a Facebook account.

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
- I do not know, maybe doing studies.

Who is the sexiest WTA player?
- Ana Ivanovic or Maria Kirilenko.

If you had one superpower what would it be?
- To fly.​

#360 ·
Sharapova might be objectively pretty, but she's far from sexy.

I applaud him for that :worship:

#356 ·
Great interview, thanks for posting :yeah:

I didn´t know Ferru is building a house in Javéa, but interesting to know :)

#366 ·
She used to be beautiful, this only happened in the last couple of months because of a, I believe, new fitness trainer. The same one Hantuchova had when she was anorexic.

#364 ·
Edda I'm bringing this over from another board because I guess, if I start elaborating on this, this discussion will become more appropriate on the Ferrer forum:

It surprises me that Ferru can't speak better English, because I've heard him give interviews in Italian. He likes to read and study, so it surprises me that he hasn't learned to speak better.
Did you actually hear him speak Italian? I know he understands it because once an Italian journalist asked if she could ask him a question in Italian and he said it was OK (and apparently understood). I wondered if he could speak as well.

I'm sure he could learn English if he had time to actually study it. When you stop studying at 17, you forget a lot, especially if you didn't have a great level in the first place (and believe me... when I see the level my students have - students who have actually chosen English as their major! - I assume the general level of people who studied English only until the age of 17 is pretty low).
He's already bilingual anyway, as many Spaniards are (Catalan/Castillan) and that normally helps. Italian is also quite easy for Spanish people, all these languages, French/Italian/Spanish/Catalan etc, they are very close to one another. English does share some vocabulary with latin languages but otherwise it's really completely different.

#369 ·
Group A:

Djokovic
Murray
Berdych
Tsonga

Group B:

Federer
Ferrer
Del Potro
Tipsarevic
Good draw for David, he should be able to survive his group.

In the next stage I don't expect anything. To be honest I think he will be a bit tired and in that condition he won't stand a chance against Djokovic or Murray.

#373 ·
That Acapulco picture cracks me up every time :lol:

#385 ·
You could see he's a secret fanboy when he suddenly sneaked in a little ''Ferru'' at the end :lol::
You could see it in the way he went from point to point, without angst or delay or doubt. When he got angry, which he did in the third set, Ferrer yelled, kicked a chair at the back of the court, and got back to business. (Ferru is not above a self-lacerating tirade when things aren't going his way.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.