Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tommy news

88K views 1K replies 70 participants last post by  Mae 
#1 ·
Tommy Haas Joins James Blake for 2007 Delray Beach ITC
U.S. Open quarterfinalists Tommy Haas and James Blake, a pair of Florida residents who both reside among the top 15 ATP players in the world, will be among the stars to watch in the 2007 Delray Beach International Tennis Championships at the Delray Beach Stadium & Tennis Center. Last month the German-born Haas joined Blake in committing to play in the January 27-February 4 tournament, which is celebrating its 15th year.

Ticket packages for the 32-player ATP event, the first of 2007 in the U.S, are on sale and can be purchased by calling the Delray Beach ITC box office at 561-330-6000, on-line at www.YellowTennisBall.com or through Ticketmaster.

Haas defeated 2005 champion Xavier Malisse 6-3, 3-6, 7-6(5) last February to win the first of his three ATP titles this season. A 43-17 record has given him the fifth Top 20 finish of his career, and a continued remarkable comeback from a shoulder injury that sidelined him for the 2003 season.

“I’m very much looking forward to returning to Delray Beach,” said Haas, who has trained fulltime at the Bollettieri Academy in Bradenton since he was 13 years old. “In a lot of ways winning Delray Beach was key to the successes I’ve enjoyed in 2006.”

Blake, who beat No. 3 Ivan Ljubicic in the Bangkok final this month for his fourth ATP title of 2006, is 50-21 and ranked No. 6 in this season’s ATP Champions Race. He is in good position to secure his first-ever berth in the Tennis Master’s Cup that features year-end competition between the top eight players in the world.

With Haas’ ranking at No. 14, tournament director Mark Baron has a draw that could include a pair of world Top 10 players—a first for Delray Beach.
“With James and Tommy already committed to returning and potentially both being in the Top 10, we’re looking forward to what could be our best draw ever,” said Baron. “That possibility has us very excited as we continue to build on the successes of our last tournament.”

See less See more
#970 ·
Come on Tommy, we miss you :bigcry:

#971 ·
A smart time would be after Nadull and Fedclown retire.

#972 ·
There is a report about Tommy in the current German tennismagazine. According to this Tommy still has an inflammation in his knee which doesn't get better even though he has been to several doctors and physiotherapists.
Tommy says that he is fired up to play tennis again and that he wouldn't have forgotten to hit the balls but that he still has to go a long way which he hasn't went before.
He would still be far away of being able to play professional matches and lacking mobility. He would fight for his comeback and love to come back to the tour in Halle and afterwards play in Wimbledon and the US Open.
He mentions that he could imagine to engage Thomas Högstedt again for his comeback. Högstedt says that he wouldn't be surprised when Tommy would come back once again. Nobody should write him off.
Right now Tommy gets help from Glenn Weiner, former coach of Kei Nishikori and who works in the Bollettieri camp meanwhile.

#973 ·
Thanks for the news. Sad news though.

#977 ·
Hallelujah, I thought the day would never come :bounce:

#978 ·
Greg Sharko, who works for the ATP, has just posted on his twitter that Haas will come back on clay in April. I guess we'll know by Monday night if Tommy has decided to pull out of IW. I wish he would update his twitter/FB himself and tell us what's going on.

#982 ·
:banghead: That day will never come after all

#983 ·
I asked Justin to find a way to arrange an interview on camera with Tommy to get an update straight from him. He's working on it. Hopefully Sharko is right and we'll see Tommy in April. It's good that he was able to hit with Roger for the full two hours on Saturday, but I guess that helped him realize that he is not ready to play tour matches just yet.

Reactions: oranges
#992 ·
i hope he doesnt retire over the last year half my faves have gone :( Moya,Kiefer,Dent,Safin,Lappentti and Ferrero,Gonzalez and Haas have disapeared,i actually thought Ferrero was suppose to be back ages ago

#994 ·
I'll believe it when I see it ;) (not so much because I don't trust the source, just because it's Tommy and anything can wrong at any given time). Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Eden
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.