Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will He?

Will Murray Ever Win A Set In A Grand Slam Final?

6K views 82 replies 65 participants last post by  Tag 
#1 ·
Yes, it's gone this far. :eek:

#7 ·
I have a feeling Murray will get lucky in the future and face a newcomer or surprise slam finalist. He might not win the final, but he'll at least win a set :lol: Remember, Ivan Lendl was a 4-time finalist before winning his first slam :lol: :shrug: I'm NOT comparing Murray or his talent to Lendl, but just saying Murray has plenty of time to do better on the biggest stages of tennis.

#14 ·
That's exactly what will happen. Federer can't keep going forever, and Nadal is injury prone, so it's not too unbelievable to see a mug make the final with Murray, allowing Murray to straight set him and take the title. Plenty of mugs have made finals in tennis once and lost, it'll happen again.

#11 ·
Winning a set in a grand slam final? maybe. Winning a grand slam final? no chance in hell.. he's not mentally strong enough.

#18 ·
If you thought Mugray was depressed last year, wait till you see what happens now. He had the draw opened up when Nadal got injured and Olderer was taken out. He won 3 times in a row on hard courts against Djoker. And he got thrashed. Just shows what a mental midget he is and can't bring it to slams. He'll spiral out of top 10 soon enough. Noway, he's defending his lucky RG QF.

#26 ·
If you thought Mugray was depressed last year, wait till you see what happens now. He had the draw opened up when Nadal got injured and Olderer was taken out. He won 3 times in a row on hard courts against Djoker. And he got thrashed.

Just shows what a mental midget he is and can't bring it to slams. He'll spiral out of top 10 soon enough. Noway, he's defending his lucky RG QF.
This.

#19 ·
It always amazes me that people have such faith in Murray, even still. After seeing his weak showings against Fed in Grand Slams past, I pretty much lost faith. This just confirms it.

More power to you if you're a faithful fan, though.

#23 ·
Murray will need to play an absolute rookie in GS finals to win one. I guess he'd have to play Boredo or Wawrinka or another mug of that calibre. :lol:
Are you sure?

#21 ·
He never looked convincing in the QF and SF of this tournament like he had in his other slam final appearances. He has the game, but mentally he is not strong enough at the moment. Maybe he should ask Lendl or Agassi for advice and how they overcame their porblems. But at least they had won sets in their 1st slam finals.

#27 ·
Yes, If Verdasco, Gasquet or a 16-year old child stands on the other side of the net.

#32 ·
Well he'll make some more final. All it takes is Rafa to be out with an injury or Federer retired/Olderer for real. As it looks now no big top5 worthy risers are coming for a while so Murray will be next in line if a draw plays out for him.. Might aswell happen already this year, but if he wins a set remains to be seen.

#34 ·
Its all mental with Murray in slam finals. He has a tendancy of playing passive at times, but he has shown over the last two seasons he can hang with anyone and beat anyone on hardcourts. Not indicative of his failing to even win a set in 3 slam finals. Thats mental weakness plain and simple

#35 ·
Making fun of losers is for losers. :eek:

Come on, it's not end of the world for Muzza.
He will win not just one, but plenty of sets in GS finals, maybe even winning one. He's got some 7 years of tennis left for god sake.
For all we know, he can win 3 slams until 2015, we have seen stranger things in this crazy tennis world. Especially because Fed will be retired and Djoker isn't exactly a tennis god and will get beaten many times before he meets Muzza. Wimbledon, anyone?

If he doesn't win a single set, you can call me and Muzza a :retard:.
:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.