Mens Tennis Forums banner

On The US Open 2010 Road

14K views 136 replies 11 participants last post by  Lesliem 
#1 ·
I open the 2010 US hardcourt subject :angel:

It looks like Arno won't enter LA directly no withdrawal until now and still 4 spots from the MD. If he hasn't change his road plan to play again on german clay :lol: he will have to play the qualies there. It's only 250 qualies but the level could be quite high for this kind of tournament with players like Tursunov, Gilles Muller, Kzvin Anderson :help: well it does't sound very easy for a come back after a break of one month :scratch: On the official facebook we learn that he entered the doubles with Erlich :)http://www.facebook.com/FarmersClas...ic-presented-by-mercedes-benz/120756347970672 We'll have to wait the draw to see what he has decided.

Then it will be Washington where he's first alternate, the qualies of the two Masters 1000 and New Haven and of course NY. Big programme, let's see what will happen now :cool:

#38 ·
Wow Im on holiday and there's so much to read on the forum (while there was nothing these last
past weeks lol).

1/ The new Lacoste collection is awful. Who're their designers ???
2/ thanks for your report higherlaw, and happy to see you back in arnaud's land ! Just a pity he played so bad when you saw him (anyway, do we know people who can affirm they saw a good match of Arnaud lately ??)
3/ This bracelet, it's just esthetic ? Arnaud doesn't complain of any pain for a while i think.
Just prefer complain about planes flying too close from hi :lol:
4/ Simon's g/f is pregnant ?? I didn't know ( wow he's still young to be a father lol)

#41 ·
2/ thanks for your report higherlaw, and happy to see you back in arnaud's land ! Just a pity he played so bad when you saw him (anyway,
Thanks!

About the socks. See the blurry photos.

I see now he's wearing sweat bands on his wrists. I guess I saw him with the bracelet during warm-ups. :shrug:

Attachments

#40 ·
Witch Bracelet i'm lost :lol: I don't think the bracelet for his elbow is for esthetic and he never complain about his pain or long time after so we never know but the balance bracelet looks very strange :confused:
Athletes swear it makes them stronger, leaner and faster. But is this wristband mostly hype?

Many pro surfers, basketball stars and celebs like Robert De Niro never part with their Power Balance wristbands.

Power Balance claims that holograms in the bands release an electromagnetic buzz that will make you instantly stronger, more flexible and have better balance.

You can’t exactly feel it, but the hologram’s energy boosts your body’s ability to absorb oxygen, the company says. The result? Activities that require balance and strength–like surfing, biking, and pilates–become easy.

And yes, Carine is a bit older than Gilles but not that much. She must be around the 28 i think :confused: I remember tennis players saying that tennis is a job for single man and no kids man as they are always out of their home and that's true that compare to others sport tennis players are not early father except some guys like Seb or Llodra but having kids in your 20 when you know that you will be out of your house during the next 10 years must be tough.

#42 ·
Those pics are too funny! :lol:
Is it really hot there then? Maybe he had sweaty feet? :p

I saw him play with the bracelet during bundesliga, maybe he needs the wristbands for protection or something. I know our soccer team taped them for every match.
@soulage, this has nothing to do with his elbow protection. This bracelet is the new hype since the world cup. :)

#48 ·
Honestly Higherlaw I don't think the young boy is cute at all. lol
Don't think he's his young brother, but he makes me think to Louis Sarkozy (son of..) :lol:

#49 ·
Maybe the son of Thierry they have the same eyes :confused: For Toronto qualies Arno didn't draw a canadian WC :lol: he draws the american veteran Yani, american on his soil so if he plays dramatically worse as said Tipsy no way he can win this.

#51 ·
Arnaud has lost his match against Yani 7/6 ; 6/2

I followed the first set. He was a break down but came back. He had set point to finally loose the set on a double fault in the tie-break :eek:. After he probably gave up as usual this year after a long first set loss...
His serve was better yesterday whereas his opponent was serving awful at the beggining but it didn't really help Arno.

It's a pity we never have his opinion about all these losses, if he had an explanation :confused:

#52 ·
thanks for the report. i didn't even know there's live scores for masters tournaments, i'm so out of touch lol

don't know if he really gave up, or just not fit enough these days?

i don't think he'll be honest about any reason with the public... i just hope that he's honest with himself ie. not in self denial.

#53 ·
Thanks for your report Lesliem i would say i'm not surprised :rolleyes: and losing again a tie-break :help: How many he lost this year it's incredible :eek: He’s must be really down at this moment and it’s hard to believe that’s in those moments he’s not thinking about retirement :sad: Now he regularly lost against guys over the top 200 like Torebko, Ebden, Smycek, Yani and for sure he’s affected by that.No idea if his tendinitis is a problem as he’s quite secret about that but he’s not competitiv actually and it’s surely more tough when you are in USA for 6 weeks as this must be long :lol:. Maybe he should go back in France and come back only for the USO :confused: because the cincy qualies are always tough than in Toronto and honestly i don't think he's able to beat somebody those days.

#54 ·
Arno will play cinci qualies, at first round he draws Ramon Delgado another veteran (yeah older than Arno :devil:) who beat him in....1999 :). So wait and see !

I heard that he will play in "L'Open de la baie de somme" in september !?

#55 ·
He can still find older player to play :lol: Delgado is not the best player of the draw :devil: but he gave good resistance to Istomin last week and I think that the biggest problem is Arno :sad: and as Delgado knows the problem of Arno he will surely believe more in his chances today and offers a tough match to Arno. Anyway good luck to him and we can't say he's not trying.

For the open de la baie de somme he played it in 2007 but i read nothing for 2010 field :confused:

#57 ·
L'open de la baie de somme is one of the biggest tournament of the circuit national des grands tournois français. It's the week-end before Metz.

Back to Cincy, he won :eek: :eek: 64/63. Tough start with an early break down then more easy with just a little problem at 3-3 in the second set where he saved BP. Next round seems quite difficult with Falla who is in a great shape and the forecast looks bad for tomorrow with a lot of rain.

#58 · (Edited)
L'open de la baie de somme is one of the biggest tournament of the circuit national des grands tournois français.
:confused: :lol: Vraiment ?

Back to Cincy, he won :eek: :eek: 64/63.
It happens sometimes, comme par surprise, sans prévenir :lol:
Well, it was against Delgado ? Good, good, I hate this player. :devil:

#60 ·
No rain and a loss 46/57

It was a tough draw indeed. I was also following Adrian in Istanbul :) but to sum up with the stats it looks that it was a bit better despite many opportunities missed :eek:
He missed a couple of break back opportunites at the end of first set after a slow start. He served for the second set at 5-3 but Falla broke back :rolleyes: and the colombian closed the match winning the last 4 games even if Arno had 2 BP in the last one. His confidence is still not great but the level of his game is maybe better :confused: The problems is that he doesn't win and now he has to wait again a long week before New Haven what's a pity he can play the doubles to keep him busy :lol: . Tough summer for him but his form is maybe on his way back let's see if he's not too much affected by this new loss.

The set point of his match yesterday by the guy of likes arno :lol:. It's in the middle of that video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp5nmM1yhoo

#62 ·
For l'Open de la baie de somme, a friend sent me an article in his local's newspaper (thanks Bruno :) - not Arno's brother lol)

He confirms his participation so :confused: - it's during DC semi

Do you know if he will play at the St Remy Challenger ? He hadn't play it last year because he was injured, he's a little bit the "local" hero there but maybe he will take a week off...

#63 ·
He confirms his participation so :confused: - it's during DC semi
He has NO chance to play DC so what's the problem ?
And even if he had any chance, he could withdraw at last moment.
Just a pity he can't support his pals.

Do you know if he will play at the St Remy Challenger ? He hadn't play it last year because he was injured, he's a little bit the "local" hero there but maybe he will take a week off...
A week off § Arnaud ? While there's a tournament near Aix ? Are you joking ?? :lol:
He'd play it even if he was not invited...

#65 ·
Thanks for the article if he said he will be in the Somme unless an injury he will be there. For St-Remy the entry-list deadline is today, last year La Provence published it early anyway the website of the tournament is still the one of last year :rolleyes:. and if he's not on the list he can still ask for a WC. I'm wondering if he will plays doubles in USO :confused: Not sure he make the cut with nico and he doesn't play it since LA.

For the match agaisnt Falla on the video of Groundpass we can see a good point by Arno around 1 minute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EVoYH6wBSw&feature=related

#66 ·
Not a goOd draw in New Haven as it's Andreev first round, the russian struggles since he came back from injury but he remains a powerful player and if Arno manages to beat him he will get seed one Baghdatis who is just on fire those days so even if Arno plays good tennis it's maybe too much for him :lol: This summer US season is really tough :rolleyes: he's in the US since one month to win one match :help: Let's hope he will have the best draw in USO :angel:

#67 ·
: This summer US season is really tough :rolleyes: he's in the US since one month to win one match :help: Let's hope he will have the best draw in USO :angel:
Practices his english, always useful :angel:
I already imagine Nadal at first round in NY ...:eek:

#68 ·
Finally after one day of rain delay he played and as we are used to write he lost :mad:. Today it seems that again he had a slow start on serve but it has been really better on second set. He must feel bad considering he had choosen to play a long US Harcourt season of 6 weeks to win only one match :rolleyes: enough to feel depressed :sad: and what to say about that tie-breaks which reflect his poor confidence and fragility.

Arno was broken by love at 5-5 in first set but saved some set points to break back but then to complete the set you had the famous tie-break :devil: and it's the stats of the year for him. If i'm right with my check he won only 3 and lost 14 with this one today :ignore:. The number of 1 hour set that he lost in a poor tie-break this year :mad: in a way losing 2-6 would be less hurting. For his level of play i don't know what to say there were no streaming he's maybe not too far but atm he surely needs some luck :scratch: as even his attitude was quite good today as he fought during all the match during both sets :boxing: but the goal in tennis is to win :lol: converting most of your opportunities actually he missed crucial BP in the second set while this should have been for him. And he doesn't play doubles again. He no more wants or what :confused:

This can be a too much one loss and even a good draw in USO would change nothing. I'm sure he's thinking about coming back in his home sweet home :lol: Poor boy we are waiting better days :angel: and hope that it will happens :unsure:

Maybe he can do a losers dinner with PHM :lol:

#69 ·
Thanks for the summary soulage, I was already depressed tonight, I feel better right now :sad:

Sport sucks so much................................

Yes, Paulo and Arnaud should celebrate their own performance together and drink all the night, I think that's the only thing to do. And I'd like to join them to forget my day. :eek:

#72 ·
It's ok, just annoyed by sport stuff, it's not very important. ;)
Well, andreev is a good player, so the result is not bad, I mean, could have been worse (oui, aujourd'hui, je vais positiver LOL).
It would be a good idea to cheer for them, but I think he will lose quickly then jump in the first plane to home.
ohh, I'm just wondering...does he play double ?? lol Of course, if he does, maybe he'll have time to make a good job in the stands... lol

#73 ·
I wanted to say that he can go in NY to cheer the frenchies who are playing the qualies this week after losing in USO I'm OK that he will leave quickly :lol:
I don't know if he plays doubles but he played only in LA this summer maybe he won't play :confused:

#74 ·
Ah pardon :lol: He would deserve the title of the best player/supporter ever !

#76 ·
With first round vs Baghdatis one of the best player of the summer hardcourt it's hard to believe in a good surprise :p. This summer was written to be poor and it was a cruel summer :eek: The double draw will be made sunday we'll see if he's there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.