Mens Tennis Forums banner

With Nadal out, is it Federer's turn to shine?

1K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  A_Skywalker 
#1 ·
This is another GREAT opporunity for federer to seize another slam.

Not only will it be his 17th slam, it will be a record breaking 5th slam in the AUS open and he will have 5 slams in 3 different Grand slam events.

Can djokervic stop him?

#3 ·
Re: With nadal out, is it federers turn to shine?

You are basing this argument on the erroneous assumption that Fed would have lost to Nadal had he faced him in the final. Furthemore, Djok and Murray (and Ferrer to a lesser extent) have an equal aopportunity to shine as well.

#7 ·

fed has already shined enough

this is actually murray's or djokovic's time to shine
Exactly. Roger doesn't need to shine, he's got 16 slams. If anything, it's time for Nole and especially Andy to step up and shine and show they can actually win some slams.

#6 ·

yes, my assumption was that fed woulda lost to nadal in the final.

It might be djokers/murrays chance to shine (murray woulda beaten healthy nadal imo), but fed can make history. I dont think he will want to squander such an opporunity, no?

:)

#8 ·
Honestly (moreso than even Federer) I would ideally want Ferrer to win it all.

#9 ·
Me too :) Sentimental reasons, probably, but he's one of, if not THE hardest working player on the tour right now, the biggest fighter and probably the most humble. Kind of hoping he can pull off a couple more upsets to take the title, or at least make the final.

#13 ·
i should retitle the thread to "Federer should capitalize on this opportunity"

Federer can still beat anyone and everyone. But against nadal, his chances are moe like 40-60, with nadal the favorite. AGainst the others, hes probably the favorite.

#20 ·
to be fair, federer did have match points against chokovic in the USO, and now recently mentioned that the idea of facing nadal crossed his mind, since he would play him the following day.

I see roger being much more focused this time around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.