Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt2)

159K views 5K replies 24 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 ·
New chat thread! That last one went by so quick!!

Reactions: Alaricus
#842 ·
People will always think Nole has an awful net play and terrible volleys. How come nobody notices the improvement? He is not that bad anymore, I have actually been playing attention to this specific stat, he used to win less than half of his net points, and now he is winning 2/3s or more!

Right?

#850 ·

From 3 years ago, she was 13.

She painted this for our granddad who is a hunter, she was 10 y.o.

This is her interpretation of one of my favorite painting by Picasso. She did her own version of it with me being the woman portrayed. She was 13 years old when she painted it.

This is the original by Picasso.

This one was based on the book/movie "the boy with the striped pajamas".

#854 ·
Thanks for the gallery of paintings, Raquel. The one of the skirt is my fave. I love the way the cloud on the skirt goes into the background too.

Also, I see how her painting has developed. I will be interested to see what she does when she is more secure in her own voice and style.

That guy also wrote that Murray simply waits for his opponents' errors. :facepalm: How can people watch tennis and say these things? Can't they see the brilliance of these players? It must be a sad and sorry life to be finding top players so lacking. :sadface: For me, even though I can see areas of improvement for Nole, Rafa, and yes, even the great god Federer, the interesting thing is how they compensate for the lesser parts of their games and also the psychological war on the court. Not just between the players but also within the player himself.

#856 ·
Thanks for the gallery of paintings, Raquel. The one of the skirt is my fave. I love the way the cloud on the skirt goes into the background too. [

Also, I see how her painting has developed. I will be interested to see what she does when she is more secure in her own voice and style.
She already has a style. I associate her with one of my 3 favorite painters (Gaudi, Frida and Miró). Her style is very similar to Miró's. When I see his paintings, I feel like those come from a more mature version of my sister!

That guy also wrote that Murray simply waits for his opponents' errors. :facepalm: How can people watch tennis and say these things? Can't they see the brilliance of these players? It must be a sad and sorry life to be finding top players so lacking. :sadface: For me, even though I can see areas of improvement for Nole, Rafa, and yes, even the great god Federer, the interesting thing is how they compensate for the lesser parts of their games and also the psychological war on the court. Not just between the players but also within the player himself.
Bla, bla, bla! Mostly you just care for how hot they look. :shrug: :lol: :p

Ok, I am joking. :p For me, liking Nole is also about his imperfections. If I were to mind mostly about the perfect, beautiful, delicate game, I would fangirl Roger. But that is boring.

#938 ·
Do't want to multi quote too many, so first set...

will they pass the bar if they committed a felony?

love the story :awww:

I see addressing global warming as essential to our continued existence.

well, not mine, but certainly yours and your children's existence.

Also, If Mitt Romney is elected, I'll have to seriously look into moving to Portugal -- or Glasgow. :( :( :(
If Arizona gets enough Latino to vote, the state may not be red according to the latest poll!!!! *fingers crossed*

Still, too many Romney and Nobama bumper stickes :(

#940 ·
I made an egg salad sandwich and then ate some chips after work :awww:

Also, If Mitt Romney is elected, I'll have to seriously look into moving to Portugal -- or Glasgow. :( :( :(

Can I come too? :awww:

Such an active thread today again :D

#878 ·
:awww: Now that you mention stories, how many episodes of Downton have you watched?

Fire Brigade at ready :p
?

Okay…

Well they are half-siblings.

My younger half-sister is 6, nearly 7. My younger half-brother is 5.

There's quite an age gap between us, but that's just how life turned out. :)
That is cool, although I understand they may be a bot annoying at times. It's the age. :p My parents are divorced. If money were abundant, I would LOVE to have more siblings with whatever partners they would get together with. :dance: Feels lonely being just 2 siblings!

#881 ·
You remember that I'm addicted to This American Life, right?

I listened to this segment
A teenage girl gets bitten by a shark, rushed to the doctor's office, stitched up, and told she'll be totally fine. Crisis averted, right? Not so much. Ira tells the story
So the doctor tells the family (N.Z. or Australian, can't remember) that she might act strangely during the night because she is in shock but that the SHOULD IGNORE HER and not worry about it. So as she tries to tell her parents about her increasingly distressing symptoms, they follow the doctor's instructions. She's only 13 so she has to depend on her parents to help her but they DON'T. When she begins to struggle to breathe they decide to take her to the hospital that is quite some ways away and they get stopped at a bridge by a flock of sheep being herded across. She is finding it hard to hold on and wants to slip into unconsciousness, but fights it.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/476/what-doesnt-kill-you

#885 ·
You remember that I'm addicted to This American Life, right?

I listened to this segment So the doctor tells the family (N.Z. or Australian, can't remember) that she might act strangely during the night because she is in shock but that the SHOULD IGNORE HER and not worry about it. So as she tries to tell her parents about her increasingly distressing symptoms, they follow the doctor's instructions. She's only 13 so she has to depend on her parents to help her but they DON'T. When she begins to struggle to breathe they decide to take her to the hospital that is quite some ways away and they get stopped at a bridge by a flock of sheep being herded across. She is finding it hard to hold on and wants to slip into unconsciousness, but fights it.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/476/what-doesnt-kill-you
I didn't know you were addicted to that! How about answering my question about Downton Abbey? :D

My parents divorced when I was about eight or nine. At that point me and my older brother were really close. We would always go and visit our dad together every other weekend and then spend the rest of the time at home with our mother. It's kind of sad thinking back to it, especially as it was at the time of another real family tragedy. Times have moved on, though, I've got a good relationship with most of the people in my original family and the new extended family. There's always going to be falling outs, especially as I'm going through a notoriously tricky part of life when it comes to controlling emotions. :p
What's cute (and good) about you is that you do share your feelings and emotions. Most guys your age would be ashamed and hide it from others. I know the anonymity of the world wide web helps, but still, not many people would do it the way you do. It's a great thing that will eventually end up helping you out going through all that! At least you're not trying to fool yourself. Which is what I do, I try to fool myself and pretend the problem doesn't exist. :eek:

I know exactly what you mean about having a big family, but they always, without fail, end up badly. People fall out over lack of attention. My best friend is from a family of five siblings. The oldest is 25, and they've just about all got along for the last few years or so, but as everyone starts going off to uni, meeting partners, things go wrong.

Another family I know which is also five siblings have completely fallen out, because of one of the parents.

It's a nice idea in theory, I can just picture sitting around a huge table with all of the siblings and their partners and thir families, but it never works. The tightest families always maintain the best internal relationships.

I know exactly
You said it yourself yesterday, no relationship is perfect. NO RELATIONSHIP. Friends, boyfriends, family, if you're very close, it can't be perfect. :shrug:

I have on sibling, 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 6 uncles and aunts, and 6 cousins. This is my family... feels too small. :awww:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.