Mens Tennis Forums banner

Room of registration of Gugaholic anonymous.

20K views 236 replies 48 participants last post by  whisper* 
#1 · (Edited)
I took this idea from the marti party forum (a good idea in my opinion). I hope that all the gugaholics of the world (or at least from the atpworld) enter here and get their registration, just doing this:

My name is Jorge, i am a 26 years old mexican male and i am Gugaholic! :bounce:

so, come in here Gugaholics of the world!

PS (the age and name are not obligatory , but will be better if we know more about each other) ;)

Reactions: amethyst
#52 ·
:wavey: Hello Marri,

Well, I was born and grew up in Hong Kong (so you can say I am from China now). But I moved to Canada many years so I am Canadian and right now my family is in the process of applying for a green card in US.

Are you from Taiwan? I had many friends from Taiwan when I lived in Canada and they help me polish my Mandarin. Now, I hardly have the chance to speak the language.

#53 ·
VivalaSeles said:
Hi leecal :D
Hi hitman :D where can we read the book you are translating ?
No problem, tommyboy :D Everyone gets carried away :D The important thing is that we all support Guga :D [Kudos for your message:D]
Hi Billabong and Brasilianat Heart :D
Hi Marri :D Love your post :D Guga needs indeed some reminding ;)
Hello Viva;) just call me Lee. The translation is under Guga's Forum here and the thread name is 'Guga and Roland Garros, born for each other'

#54 ·
Maybe we´re gonna make this forumbe as active as Hewitt´s or Ferrero´s; :D
Anyway, Im trying to translate the whole book, but Im going slow. :(
l:wavey: to everyone

#55 ·
omg, i just love this smiley --> :D

Hi you all! :D :bounce:

Lee, yeah - I'm from Taiwan! uumm well.... i was born in Taipei... and I grew up in Norway:D I'v been here for umm.. almost 14 years... and I'm almost 19... :angel: I speak Mandarin.... but the level is well... like a 5 year old's?? lol :eek:

Vivala (what's your name? ;) ) Guga is missing out on somethin if he doesn't invite us! ;) :angel: :D

#58 ·
hehe

:wavey: Lee and Marri

What´s up? :)

#60 ·
Marri said:
cool? yeah, it's cold up here! ;) :angel:
Hi Marri, :wavey: I lived in Calgary, Alberta, Canada for 14 years. I knowed what is COLLLLDDDDD! My first winter there, for a whole week, the daily high was about -30C (with wind chill factor -65C). :p :p And don't do this :p when it is that cold.

Hi hitman:wavey:

I tried to get on the board yesterday and failed whole day. It probably because of the service provider. I could go to some sites but most of the places were out.

GO GUGA GO in PARIS

#62 ·
Now I live in Scottsdale, Arizona, US. Just 3 hours south of Calgary by flying in a JETPLANE and it is sooo HOT here. During the summer months, the daily high is usually around 40C. But the winter is gorgeous. I just moved here in August. If I am correct, there is a WTA tour here in spring.

#63 ·
omg!!!! Scottsdale! - yeah, it is a WTA tourni there!!! Martina was supposed to play the final against Lindsay last year - but coz of all the rain, they coulnd't :(

so you're over there.... ;) what do you do? if you don't mind me askin! ;)

and syop with the weather talk!!!!! only rain rain rain here... and it' cold too... saw the sun for the first time for a week yesterday :eek:

#64 ·
I am a full time mother! My son is now in grade 1. I moved here because my hubby's boss want him to work in the head office here. I am still recovering from the stress of the BIG MOVE. We moved within 3 months after the decision was made and during that period of time, my hubby spent half of his time in US. I still have some boxes in the garage that are not opened.

#65 ·
full time mother? :D wow;) your hubby is american? hehehe .what you think of the western world contra asia?

Must have been a big move! I'm glad i dont rmemeber much from when we moved... i guess my mom must have been very stressed!!!!!!!

hehe, is your son playing tennis?;) :bounce:

#66 ·
Hey Leecal i have been in your town:) well sort of, i have been in Phoenix ;) counts that?:wavey:

Marri:kiss:

Gugaholics:wavey:

#67 ·
Lee,
There´s an ATP tournament in Scottsdale as well. Its on week 10, one week before Indian Wells. Andre Agassi won it this year. ;)

#68 ·
Marri said:
full time mother? :D wow;) your hubby is american? hehehe .what you think of the western world contra asia?

Must have been a big move! I'm glad i dont rmemeber much from when we moved... i guess my mom must have been very stressed!!!!!!!

hehe, is your son playing tennis?;) :bounce:
My hubby is also Chinese. We married and moved to Canada. Have a son and now moved to US. Although I grew up in big city like Hong Kong (around 6 million people when I lived there), I enjoyed living in Calgary which is a small city with about 770,000 people. The metro Phoenix here is over 2 million and I have to honestly say I like Calgary more.

My son wants to play everything. There is a tennis program but the schedule conflicts with his existing soccer games so may be he need to wait a little bit longer.

Hope you don't mind my asking whether you are a student or working now?

#69 ·
Jorge said:
Hey Leecal i have been in your town:) well sort of, i have been in Phoenix ;) counts that?:wavey:

Scottsdale is one of the cities making up metro Phoenix. Last time I count, these are cities in the metro: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Apache Junction, Glendale, Sun City, Sun City West, Peoria, and probably more. You had probably been in Scottsdale because this is the city with most tourists, resorts, golf course, etc.

#70 ·
I know leecal, but i wasn't visiting Phoenix as tourist but i was with some friends trying to make business with mexican handcrafts. I remember that we arrived to Phoenix and later we moved our butts to Tempe to see our ****** partner. I guess that i saw Scottsdale at the horizon.;)

#72 ·
:wavey: !!!!!

jorge :kiss: :D

Lee, right now - i am a full time student at the University of Oslo. I finished high school this spring - and jumped right over to the uni. after passing 2 exams, later in november and in december - i will take next semester off to work, make money and TRAVEL!!!! :D and then going back to Uni next fall! :D

Wow - you son sounds like quite an athlete! ;) :bounce:

#73 ·
Hi Marri, yeah, my son is full of energy. He is like Juan Carlos, very lean but strong.

Wow! I wish I am your age. Just wonder what your parents will think about you temporary get away from your study to travel. A lot of Chinese parents always want their children to focus on study. I think if my son want do the same thing as your plan, I will support him as long as he plan to return to school afterward.

#74 ·
hehehe, you are right, chinese parents are crazy;) but they don't mind me doing that - coz my uni is going through so many changes now... and the classes i wanna take - wont start until next fall - and i don't want to take some classes, Just to take them, you know. And they know thta i'm not a typical scholar like my brother.. i need this break... to find a nice lil job... have some money of my own.. and explore the real world :)

13 years of school is such a long time.... :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.