Mens Tennis Forums banner

Delpo 2013 CHEERING THREAD

21K views 202 replies 27 participants last post by  Ausie 
#1 · (Edited)
Vamos Delpo!:bigclap:
Good luck tomorrow in kooyang!:cheerleader:

#2 ·
Re: Delpo 2013 cheering thread- australian open

I'm too torn now between him and Andy in QF,but at least they have other matches before that for my pleasure.:cool:

#3 ·

I think Delpo will easily reach the QFs, but his chances against Murray are quite slight. Anyway, I strongly hope for a great performance! VAMOS DELPO! :)

#6 ·

I dont want to venture into the GM board. I know how everyone will just be making fun of him now. He just had a bad day but its just a little setback. It happens to all the big guys, they dip in form from time to time.

#8 ·

I dont want to venture into the GM board. I know how everyone will just be making fun of him now. He just had a bad day but its just a little setback. It happens to all the big guys, they dip in form from time to time.
Don't worry, I'm in GM to defend him ;)

Does anyone know what the trainer gave him twice yesterday? He wasn't injured, which is good of course, but he looked drained and out of energy from the start (maybe the heat, not sure), lacking power in his shots. I suppose the trainer gave him some energy supplements maybe. I'm not very worried about this loss, better have happened at AO than any other Slam as this is his worst shot at a Slam title (maybe along with Wimbledon), but would love to know what was going on. He played great in the first two rounds.

My full analysis of the match is here if anyone is interested. I'm sure Delpo will bounce back strong, we just need to keep supporting him :yeah:

#13 ·
Re: Delpo 2013 cheering thread- Rotterdam next.

I also thought he looked ill right from the start of the Match, but I didn't see him taking any pills. So I have no idea what that was about maybe stomach trouble? These tennis players with all the traveling they have to do I don't know how they manage to stay as well as they do!

#15 ·

Ask the mod "Carlita"- she might be. There was a time when many posters went but I think they don't post or rarely post on MTF anymore.

#20 ·

:wavey: got my ticket for today!!! So I hope he wins his SF and that I'll be able to get a ticket for tomorrow if he wins....but it's sold out :lol: so it's not likely... :awww:

#22 ·

:wavey: got my ticket for today!!! So I hope he wins his SF and that I'll be able to get a ticket for tomorrow if he wins....but it's sold out :lol: so it's not likely... :awww:
At least you will be there today!

#57 ·

:D :banana: :woohoo: oooh so happy to have witnessed that win!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :D

Sitting in between the Argie fans was an experience as well :lol:
You could have been amongst us in the Federer block as we were all supporting Del Po as well :D

Congrats to him and all of you for the victory. It's always impressive to win a tournament without losing a set.

He was really friendly and very surprised when Roger fans asked for a picture with him but I told him that we like him as well :)

About your discussion regarding Basel:

When Roger will play there he will get the Monday match so Del Po won't start before Tuesday.

I'm curious if the tournament director will invite Murray again after he hasn't played there the last 2 years or if he is willing to give more money to Djokovic which Brennwald has denied the last year.

I guess it's pretty safe to say though that Del Po will be there and try to defend his title :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.