Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Official X-man cheering thread

86K views 486 replies 95 participants last post by  Powerzorro 
#1 ·
Let's Cheer Xavier to the top :bounce:

Good luck in your next tournament !!!!

#227 ·
What the hell is going on with Xavier? It's just getting worse. He has now refused to play Davis Cup. Apparently the Rochus brothers did not want him there if Xavier was not committed (they are right). And because of this, he does not want to play doubles with Olivier.
Xavier is just getting worse character wise. He needs to see a shrink.
I've completely given up on him. It seems like his suspension has made him even worse than before.
On talent alone, he should be the highest ranked Belgian, instead the small Rochus brothers make the most of their talent.

#228 ·
xman won his 1st rd comfortably in straight sets against Jan Hernych 6-2 7-5 6-2. :)

good luck in rd 2!

#229 ·
Hagar said:
What the hell is going on with Xavier? It's just getting worse. He has now refused to play Davis Cup.
It's not really what i read about that... are you sure Xavier refused? i read something like... Xavier had to be sure to keep on playing in 2006 for the davis cup to be in the team this time and he didn't know..? is it what you meant? (sorry i'm a bit confused with my english!)

#230 ·
Men's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Xavier Malisse (BEL)def Brian Baker (USA) 6-7(5) 6-2 6-3 6-4

brain baker upset no.9 seed Gaudio in d 1st rd

keep winning XMAN!! :bounce:

#231 ·
Well, I think Xavier has a chance to beat Youzny, he should take it.

#232 ·
Hagar said:
Well, I think Xavier has a chance to beat Youzny, he should take it.
i hope malisse will get pass youzny too, hopefully get into the QF rd and stay alive in the 2nd week, aust free2air tv only showing the mens QF matches and onwards tis yr..fingers crossed!

#233 ·
Have to say I'm RELIEVED X is through to the 3rd round (better than at Wimbers!). And looking like he's playing brilliantly (when he can be bothered to run). Youzhny gonna be tough. It's not on a show court but is televised so gonna watch tonight. C'mon X - you can do it!

#236 ·
Xmanfan said:
Have to say I'm RELIEVED X is through to the 3rd round (better than at Wimbers!). And looking like he's playing brilliantly (when he can be bothered to run). Youzhny gonna be tough. It's not on a show court but is televised so gonna watch tonight. C'mon X - you can do it!
same here, glad he's doing better, and now he's in d forth rd!
Men's Singles - 3rd Rnd.
Xavier Malisse (BEL) def Mikhail Youzhny (RUS)[24] 5-7 1-6 6-1 7-5 7-6(1)

I REALLY WANT TO WATCH XMAN VS AGASSI!!...too bad aust's free2air tv r only showing from the QF and onwards.. so hope he can get pass agassi than i get to see him play! c'mon xman!! :rocker2:

#237 ·
i'm sad because i wouldn't be able to watch the match as in France, tv will show Gasquet of course :fiery: :sad:
Ginepri/Gasquet: who cares?! :mad:

#238 ·
ahhh, Agassi leads their H2H 4-0! but last match played in 2003.

Play hard Xman, Fight! :music:

#240 ·
Men's Singles - 4th Rnd.
Andre Agassi (USA)[7]def Xavier Malisse (BEL) 6-3 6-4 6-7(5) 4-6 6-2

this is hard to take in...its xman's best against agassi, took 2 sets away(never won a set from agassi b4) and look as he would repeat his 3rd comeback victory...but in d fifth set he lost his momentum.

i almost got to see him play in d QF!!! :bigcry: ive actually seen him play live b4, but never a singles match on tv.

its been so longsince he got past d rd of 16...whn will he find his best form again??

#241 ·
i'm not really disappointed by Xavier's play yesterday, on the contrary i was happy he was able to come back to 2-2 after losing the 2 first sets. i only realized i didn't see Xavier playing for a (too) long time because i found him a bit.. fat :p
I can't wait to see him playing live again. Do you know if he will come to Lyon tournament? i suppose yes because he was finalist last year :rolleyes:

#242 ·
I'm far from disappointed with Xav's performance. First time he's ever taken a set off AA. Shame he didn't win - really thought he was in the zone and gonna do it! But you know he played so positively I was v proud of him.

Keep it up week in week out and you'll soon be in the top ten X.

Nice job, shame about the result - but you're all heart man and that's what counts. xxx

#244 ·
im not really disappointed( :eek: ok tiny tiny bit because he was just 1 match away from QF when i get to see him play) but very proud he played so hard, guess i just wanted to see great results too early, he actually already hav a break thru early this year whn he won his 1st atp singles title.

So job well done, n like xmanfan said, keep this up and we'll see him in top10 soon! :)

#245 ·
anyone seen the auction of signed stuff on ebay from the players at the US Open? They've a pair of X's shoes up. Would have prefered to bid for a signed shirt though!! he he. Haven't bid - bit too much money (although I know it's for a great cause).

Talking of autographs, anyone got a signed photo or something of X they'd be willing to sell me? Been after an autograph for ages but you know there's not much about and those shoes are too expensive for me.

#246 · (Edited)
i would perfer his racket up for auction than clothing items...anyway i dont do much ebayin

i was lucky enuff to get x's autograph on a white cap, got it the first time i went to a tornament, the first n only time i saw him in person. but sorry tis item is not for sale. :p afterall, he is one of the five fav players of mine n d only one ive met n obtain an autograph!

#250 · (Edited)
Xmanfan said:
they say on the general messages thread that X has parted company with Kelly Jones and is looking for a new coach. I hope he gets someone that can make him release all his potential.
yep, i saw that bit of news aswell. same i wish him success with his new coach.

oh n im sure u will hav the opportunity to get X's autography in person someday, aslong as he continues to play better! n it'll be alot better than buying one from some1 else.

#251 ·
Re: what's the next tournament for X?

hello,

as far as i know, he shld be playing a challenger in belgium(3-10 october)where he'll sort things out with Olivier. n he's on d entry list for if...Stockholm Open(Oct. 10-16). thats all i know. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.