Mens Tennis Forums banner

First Andy's arms, now Maria's face, boobs, body,

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  andy4maria 
#1 ·
First Men's Health make Andy look like a fool with beefed-up upper arms.

Now Shape magazine puts a generic blonde on the cover. Maria is practically unrecognizable, what with the new face, shoulders, bod, legs...etc etc

Here is Maria on the cover of Shape.

And here she is posing on court. She is a pretty girl -- there was no need to make her look so generic.

See less See more
#4 ·
Maria shoulders are a lot more well-developed than the generic bod they substituted.

The Photoshopping is subtle but they did so much of it that she looks like a different person!

#6 ·
What a world we are living in, when even people who, by the majority of the crowds, are downright attractive already, get their pics in magazines *photoshopped*! :tape: :help:

#7 ·
You make interesting points Celia. Looking at the cover it seems like they did slim Masha down especially her broad shoulders.

Alot of people keep saying how thin Maria is. But I don't think she's as thin as most people think. I think Maria Sharapova stands between 6'2" and 6'3" tall and weighs about 175 pounds. Goldenlox who is a girl and an expert on the female physique thinks Maria weighs 180 pounds. Masha has gotten a fair bit thicker in recent years as her untampered with photos prove. But because she's so tall she still looks slender to some people and especially when her photos are fixed to make her look thinner.

#14 ·
Maria is tall and long limbed, which can make her appear somewhat gangly at times. People misinterpret this as her being "too skinny", when it's fairly clear that this isn't the case. Her muscles are fairly well defined and she appears to be in very good shape for her physique.

#11 ·
Masha's not thin, even though her height makes her look like she is.

#13 ·
They slimmed her shoulders and her hips, among other things. It would be nice if this wasn't surprising, but we live in a culture where manufactured images rather than photos of individuals are the norm. I likely wouldn't have looked twice at this had I simply seen it on a magazine rack.

#18 ·
They slimmed her shoulders and her hips, among other things. It would be nice if this wasn't surprising, but we live in a culture where manufactured images rather than photos of individuals are the norm. I likely wouldn't have looked twice at this had I simply seen it on a magazine rack.
I agree 100% but I wonder if people realize how destructive this can be on girls (especially) self-esteem. Look at Britney Spears on the cover of Allure -- she looks like a completely different person. Here are the before and afters on Mz. Spears. How stupid do these magazines think we (the consumers) are exactly?

Here she is out and about recently -- front and back views:

and here she is photoshopped on the cover of Allure...

#16 ·
Here's a close-up of Maria'a face. SHAPE definitely changed the shape of her nose (they cut off the end and lifted it a bit), and softened some of the angularity of her face.

#23 ·
First Men's Health make Andy look like a fool with beefed-up upper arms.

Now Shape magazine puts a generic blonde on the cover. Maria is practically unrecognizable, what with the new face, shoulders, bod, legs...etc etc
She is barely recognizable on that magazine cover and neither is B.S. later on - wow, just realized for the first time how appropriate her initials are :rolleyes: Here's an interesting article on the art of airbrushing, imagine manipulation, photoshopping etc. (BTW here's a link to a source's website - with some very startling before-and-after photos - that is incorrect in the piece.) It's one thing to make a couple of minor changes and another to go overboard or do a complete overhaul, especially when it involves something as hugely deceptive as putting one face/head on another person's body :eek:

#24 ·
Thanks for the link. A website called Jezebel recently ran a before and after on some photoshopping done on Faith Hill. It was incredible. It was also quite funny. if I find the link I'll post it.

And to the Cat: Unfortunately a LOT of teenage girls believe the media images that they see in magazines. You'd think that with all the actual images of Britney out there that people would not buy Allure, but they will. Manipulation works -- that's why the media continue to do it.

Reactions: the cat
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.