Mens Tennis Forums banner

Main draw (first page, post #5. Deb rocks.)

7K views 105 replies 46 participants last post by  Scotso 
#1 · (Edited)
#77 ·
Re: Main draw now out

1sun said:
tough draw for roger, but hoping he will pull a win. good test for him. nadal/roddick quarters should be good, but rafa may pull out if he wins rogerscup.
why would rafa withdraw and get 0 points ? Besides he'll want to get as many matches as possible before the US Open, there's a rumour he even planned to enter New Haven in case Montreal and Cinci didnt go too well

#78 · (Edited)
Re: Main draw (first page, post #5. Deb rocks.)

Roger against Blake after being off for 5 weeks and with his Cincy curse :scared: if he gets through Ljubo is waiting for him
Mathieu has a good chance in his draw :banana:
Safinator :bounce: hope he can defeat Murray
ToJo against Dominator :tape:
Hewitt might be in trouble if he is not well

#79 ·

NYCtennisfan said:
I'd love to see Nadal/Roddick in the QF. Blake in other circumstances would not have a chance to beat Roger but I think this is his best shot--Fed has not played in 5 weeks and must be rusty.

Roddick/Ferrero in the 2nd round could be interesting. Hewitt and Nalbandian in the QF would be nice. GAsquet/Hewitt could be a good one. Agassi/Marat QF a possibility but I think Dent will take a rusty Safin out in the 2nd round.
All very interesting analyses, thanks :)

#80 ·

would be cool if carlos beat andre though :p

#81 ·

Éowyn said:
would be cool if carlos beat andre though :p
It would be awesome for me and for his confidence but I just cant see it happening.

#82 ·
Re: Main draw, Friday at 4:30 pm Eastern...

NicoFan said:
Alonso - you don't want to see it.

Nico has Henman in the first round. If he gets by Tim (yeah right), he'd play either Chela or Martin (probably JI), then Roddick, then Rafa.

Lovely huh? There goes the 400 points, and he's down to 55 in the world and into qualifying land for Madrid and paris.

I want to either cry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nico has SHIT for luck...total and complete SHIT.

I'm soooo sick of watching him suffer week and week out this year.
I can think of much worse draw than Henman at the moment.

#85 ·

well with henmans current form i think nico maye have no trouble with him:p

#87 ·

good luck:

:worship: Karol Beck :worship:

Nicolas Kiefer
Filippo Volandri
Olivier Rochus
Christophe Rochus
Tommy Robredo :D
Gaston Gaudio
Andrew Murray :D
Robin Soderling
Dominik Hrbaty :D
Thomas Johansson
David Ferrer :D
Vincent Spadea
Paul-Henri Mathieu :D
Richard Gasquet :D
Feliciano Lopez
Mario Ancic
Ricardo Mello
Igor Andreev
Jurgen Melzer
Juan Carlos Ferrero :D
Mikhail Youzhny
Tomas Berdych
:worship: Rafael Nadal :worship:

#88 ·

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI vs (WC) BLAKE, James USA

Ouch... James... that sucks.

ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs (8) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG

This... is just not fair. This is what you get Tommy when you don't win enough matches to be seeded. You get the third round match from Montreal in the first round of Cincinnati. You did this to yourself. Hopefully you'll play better this time.

Roddick v. Ferrero second round... that's what I'm waiting for. Will Roddick find his form after an early exit in Montreal? Will Ferrero find his form ever? Revenge for 2003 USO final? I hope so. Neither guy played fabulously last week. Who knows? :shrug:

Rafa's draw looks decent. He's playing better on hard courts than everyone expected him to so far. :)

#90 ·
Blake/Federer will be a great match - I remember they had a USO meeting a few years ago that was quite gripping. I know James has never beaten Roger and you may laugh at this - but perhaps this is the best shot he'll ever have to possibly pull out the win. Fed doesn't play well in the hot, humid conditions like Cincy and Athens. He has only won 1 match in his life in Cincy, against a qualifer he had to save MPs against. Also take into consideration he hasn't played a hard court match since Miami and no competition for about 6 weeks at all. I say if James plays the way he played in Washington he's got a good chance of pulling off the win.

BTW I was at the tournament tonight, Roger was nowhere to be seen, also a good sign for Blake.

Moya/Agassi is by far the worst matchup considering last year they met in the QFs and Moya double faulted on the only set point he had on his own serve in the 1st set TB. But that was back when Moya was 5 in the world.

Overall, I think this draw is much, much better than Montreal's.

Reactions: gsm
#94 ·
LaTenista said:
Blake/Federer will be a great match - I remember they had a USO meeting a few years ago that was quite gripping. I know James has never beaten Roger and you may laugh at this - but perhaps this is the best shot he'll ever have to possibly pull out the win. Fed doesn't play well in the hot, humid conditions like Cincy and Athens. He has only won 1 match in his life in Cincy, against a qualifer he had to save MPs against. Also take into consideration he hasn't played a hard court match since Miami and no competition for about 6 weeks at all. I say if James plays the way he played in Washington he's got a good chance of pulling off the win.
The question for me would not be whether, considering the conditions and the fact that Roger has not played since Wimby and that he has never really done well at Cincy and James is playing as well as he ever has, James has a chance of winning - it's whether he'd be able to close it out. I think that absolutely, if you have to play Fed, this would be the match you'd want to play him in, and I think James has the type of game where if he is playing well, he can take Roger's time away especially since Roger has not played for so long, but I just don't know if James could actually close it out :awww: I hope he can at least give a good fight though - I'm sure he'll give it his all :)

LaTenista said:
BTW I was at the tournament tonight, Roger was nowhere to be seen, also a good sign for Blake.
Roger prepares excellently for tournaments. I would be shocked if he hasn't already been there for days. Maybe he's not there at night but I'd fall out of my chair if he's not there already

Hope you're having a good time at the tourney!! :D

#95 ·
Re: Main draw, Friday at 4:30 pm Eastern...

Debstah said:
(5) RODDICK, Andy (USA) vs MELZER, Jurgen AUT
Q vs FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP
MARTIN, Alberto ESP vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
MASSU, Nicolas CHI vs (12) HENMAN, Tim GBR
This section makes my heart sad. Andy/Tim 3rd round (if Tim makes it :(). Andy/JCBorg 2nd round and Jurgen in theer as well= horrid.

Also James getting Rogerrer sucks.

Otherwise, the draw looks OK. Good luck to all my faves, especially my big 4, Tim, Andy, Richie and Guillermo. :bounce:

#98 ·
I am actually very excited about this tournie, hopefully all the top players are pumped up and ready to go.

Agassi vs Moya :scared:

#99 ·

Tangy have I ever mentioned I love you? You slay me.

tangerine_dream said:
greatkingjerk didn't get one up on anybody. His thread was deleted and he's now got a slew of cherry bombs under his screenname to show for it. :lol:
nah, it was just merged into this one :p

tangerine_dream said:
Deb, thanks for all the work you did :worship: You rock :hug: You rule :kiss: The end. :banana:
Aw. *blush* :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.