• It's good stuff to watch to end the year

Votes: 111 49.3%
  • It's tennis. Thus, I like

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • The worst part of season

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • My favorite player gets points here. The only reason why I pretend its good tennis

Votes: 8 3.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone like indoor tennis?

17K views 289 replies 107 participants last post by  Action Jackson 
#1 ·
I can barely watch. The players seem like they are playing on ice. Only big servers in. Some "tennis experts" on this site think this is the best surface to play on :rolleyes:. I guess its okay if have variety but the indoor season needs to be shorter. Also they are playing in cities where the sun goes down at 15:00.

#3 ·
Indoor tennis :drool:

#9 ·
old timer thinking

#13 ·
Nadal sure doesn't

#15 ·
Everko hates indoor because Nadal hates it. Simple.

Indoors is great. The fastest courts left are indoors and the matches are great to watch.

#18 ·
the only reason you like it is because Murray sometimes wins indoors.

#23 ·
No. He probably likes it because it's good for tennis. Many people are sick and tired of those slow courts.Me too.
Slow courts are the true shower of how good a player is. They allow more time and players have to think about each shot more. the matches last longr, players have to be stronger. Also because it takes more time the players have more time to hit ahot and think about it. It's a thinking man's curface and one only for the mentally strong. On slow courts it is easier to go insane on court because there is more time to think about mistakes or 2nd guess your shots. This is why only the mentally and physically strong and the smart survive the slow courts.

On fast courts players can get lucky more often. because players can just swing there heartout each shot and sometimes its a winner. You have to serve good but that's only one part of the tennis game.

#17 ·
Indoor tennis :hearts:

Everko clueless and without taste, what a shocker

#25 ·
Indoor is great, obviously its not exposed to the elements aswell which is more fair, players wont get unlucky gusts of wind when serving then seeing it die down after their service game. I play it at the gym, its better than playing outdoors in the winter. Indoor carpet court, now you're talking !

#26 ·
"Indoor tennis" is nothing special. It's just tennis but you remove wind and other distractions. If your serve is good outdoors it should be even better indoors. If your forehand is good outdoors it's even better indoors and so on. Not every indoor court is fast either.

Indoor tennis usually reward players with great serve and great aggressive tennis as it is easier to go close to the lines and find angles. It usually punishes grinders and pushers who rather play way behind the baseline. That doesn't work on well indoors.

I see absolutely no problem in that. In fact that's how tennis should be imo. It should reward risk-taking and players that go for winners. The serve is supposed to be hard to break. If people want breakpoints in every game and no big serves there is always WTA for you

#28 ·
"Indoor tennis" is nothing special. It's just tennis but you remove wind and other distractions. If your serve is good outdoors it should be even better indoors. If your forehand is good outdoors it's even better indoors and so on. Not every indoor court is fast either.

Indoor tennis usually reward players with great serve and great aggressive tennis as it is easier to go close to the lines and find angles. It usually punishes grinders and pushers who rather play way behind the baseline. That doesn't work on well indoors.

I see absolutely no problem in that. In fact that's how tennis should be imo. It should reward risk-taking and players that go for winners. The serve is supposed to be hard to break. If people want breakpoints in every game and no big serves there is always WTA for you
That is why it shows the real knowledge of players. Many players use wind as an advantage and same with the hot weather.

#32 ·
:worship:

ATP mugs let Fedal bully them around :eek:

#33 ·
Tennis is not meant to be played indoors. So is with football. These are outdoor sports. Everyone even with a peanut brain should turn off TV as soon as he sees indoor tennis.

#45 ·
This match is from 1996. and its still was Capret.. in 1997. they changed it to Hard (not sure why they done that cause in that year Grand Slam Cup, Basel, Singapore, Vienna, Lyon, Stuttgart, Paris and Moscow was still on Carpet, only Stockholm went to Hard)

#42 ·
Almost all indoors courts are built on temporary wooden bases, so they don't have much bounce. Only exceptions I can think of are Moscow and Zagreb, which are on mats underneath - there might be a couple of others, that's off the top of my head. Certainly Paris masters and WTF are on boards, can't remember what Rotterdam is.

That basically makes retreating much behind the baseline counterproductive, because you end up hitting the ball 2 inches off the ground.

#43 ·
If they aren't going to bring back carpet, they could at least make indoor courts faster. I was reading that one of the WTA players said that the surface in Moscow (or was it Luxembourg?) was so much slower than it was last year.

Slow indoor tennis :eek:

#47 ·
because it is an intresing discussion topic. Now scram

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.