Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread!

220K views 10K replies 104 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 · (Edited)
That would be cool to have our own chat thread! Everybody can come here, let's talk about anything!!!

Right now here in Quebec City there is a terrible snow storm, I'm blocked inside because there's way too much snow and the roads are blocked!!! I have to admitt I'm a summer guy... and you??

#2,881 ·
Re: The "LET Users" Chat Thread!

My reputation is something to be ashamed of, so you can use it all on me, Lee. :p

I'm thrilled for Ricardo. What an accomplishment! That nice run in the US Open was not a fluke it seems. Good luck for him.

#2,884 ·

Saretta is such a puzzle! I don't get it... It's like André Sá 2003 all over again! Grrr!

#2,885 ·

I guess Ricardo is gonna be next to the top 50!
Isn't that right?

#2,886 ·

Ricardo is number 70 from this Monday on

Saretta is already down to 125. :(

#2,888 · (Edited)

Dissident said:
Ricardo is number 70 from this Monday on

Saretta is already down to 125. :(

What's Mello's next tournament?

:banghead: Saretta!!! What's wrong with him? He hardly won a match since the DC debacle!!! He is a better player than Mello, isn't he?

edit: Mello will be in Shanghai and Saretta in Bangkok. Good luck guys, especially Saretta.

#2,892 ·

Brazilian players to win ATP level titles

ONE - Thomaz Koch, Alberto Kirmayr and Ricardo Mello
TWO - Jaime Oncins
THREE - Fernando Meligeni
SEVEN - Luiz Mattar
TWENTY - Gustavo Kuerten

Mello broke a sequency of 19 straight titles of Brazil coming from Guga (last before all those was Meligeni winning Praga in May 1998).

Ricardo is only the 12th player to be ranked among the 70 top players in the world
Gustavo Kuerten (1), Thomaz Koch (24), Fernando Meligeni (25), Luiz Mattar (29), Marcos Hocevar (30), Jaime Oncins (34), Carlos Kirmayr (36), Flávio Saretta (44), Cássio Motta (48), André Sá (55) and Júlio Goes (68) are the others.

He now plays in Shangai, then Tokyo and then Metz. He is considering skipping China to stay with his family and celebrate.

#2,893 ·

I don't know who is the better player.
Saretta seems to have more weapons, but his head doesn't help 90% of the time. Mello is the repeater.. He keeps on trying untill he finds his way. The problem I saw with his game is that he lacks a major weapon, but he is still developing and I haven't seen much of him to make a precise statement

#2,894 ·

Hey Sol. Nice to meet you. :) Which city in Venezuela?

#2,896 ·

I'm not certain coaches are enough... But it may be of help, yes. But other than hiring we should have a decent program of improvements for our coaches. If only we had a real Tennis Confederation... :rolleyes:

#2,897 ·

Found news on the surgery
Will post on the "oh nooo" thread

#2,898 ·

I will go to bed now. Bye, Lee! :kiss:

#2,901 ·

Dissident said:
Brazilian players to win ATP level titles

ONE - Thomaz Koch, Alberto Kirmayr and Ricardo Mello
TWO - Jaime Oncins
THREE - Fernando Meligeni
SEVEN - Luiz Mattar
TWENTY - Gustavo Kuerten

Mello broke a sequency of 19 straight titles of Brazil coming from Guga (last before all those was Meligeni winning Praga in May 1998).

Ricardo is only the 12th player to be ranked among the 70 top players in the world
Gustavo Kuerten (1), Thomaz Koch (24), Fernando Meligeni (25), Luiz Mattar (29), Marcos Hocevar (30), Jaime Oncins (34), Carlos Kirmayr (36), Flávio Saretta (44), Cássio Motta (48), André Sá (55) and Júlio Goes (68) are the others.

He now plays in Shangai, then Tokyo and then Metz. He is considering skipping China to stay with his family and celebrate.
Thanks for the infos:D!

There's no question about who's the best Brazilian ever;)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.