Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #67 - Shanghai - Congrats to Ketqtiadv and Tytta/Virex

28K views 641 replies 41 participants last post by  FiBeR 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping # 67 = Shanghai

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4489037&postcount=1

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit. :D

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=4423014&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: Newport, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to dc1zkotw@hotmail.com

See less See more
#602 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #67 - Shanghai - The Masters Cup - Draws are out!

Why do they lead on CB? :tape:
I'm not 100% sure of the rules, but for the rest of the tournament it has been done on total correct picks and then total correct set ratios, so I presume that continues into the final... although I'm not too sure now whether that is right

You've had the same number of correct picks, but they have got more SR's correct than you

#606 · (Edited)
Re: Tennis Tipping #67 - Shanghai - The Masters Cup - Draws are out!

I'm glad no-one achieved an unbeaten record at the TMC -- those 700 bonus points would have rigged the rankings for the next year, it is a completely silly rule that should be removed as soon as possible.

Edit: It is 750 point total, so no bonus points at all. Disregard my message :)

#616 ·
It's party time in Brasil :worship:

Muri :hatoff: as expected :p The new #1 in singles for a very long time I predict

Re & Gu :hatoff: well done guys :)

Aleksz, Andre/Genci :hug: Genci, I hope you won't retire, the battle for #1 in doubles has just begun, it's all about staying at the top ;)

finally big thanks to F-D, what a great and fun tourney you put up here :yeah:

#636 ·
Aleksz, Andre/Genci :hug: Genci, I hope you won't retire, the battle for #1 in doubles has just begun, it's all about staying at the top ;)
thanks

but better retiring at the top rather that going down and trying to climb up again

Genci/Andre :hug: :hug: :hug:
well played, you owned our ass twice this tournament
congrats to Gu also

Genci, Andre, sorry :hug: Next time, guys! :)
there won't be a next time :awww:

same to you :worship:

and big thanks to F-D for excellent management and great commentaries

#620 ·
Congrats to Brasil :worship:

#626 ·
Sunday's Commentary

After a few technical problems relating out of the internet crashing, and then Israel scoring a late winner, we have to apologise for their being no commentary up for the last couple of days. But we are able to provide a report based on the final, and send out our congratulations to Ketqtiadv and Tytta/Virex, who are the 2007 Tennis Tipping Masters Cup Champions.

Ketqtiadv was always in control of his final over Aleskz, boosted by the knowledge that he needed to win the match to end the year as world number 1, and had defeated Greatkingrat in the semi finals in a close match. Aleskz meanwhile had had an easier win over Coreyschucky, who keeps the record of Americans not being able to play outside of their own country alive.

Ketqtiadv dominated the first set of his match, not allowing Aleskz much of a look-in in the early going, and in the end that was enough as Aleskz just couldn’t find a way back into the match. Ketqtiadv won the match to secure yet another title of a record breaking season for him, and means he ends the year as world number 1, and with only a R32 in the Australian Open to defend (losing to an outstanding player:)) , has a good chance to move further up the rankings.

The doubles ranking was already secured going into the last match, with Scarecrows having already secured that position, and for a long time it looked as if he and Andre would celebrate that success with the title. But Tytta/Virex managed to battle back and took it to a final set tie-break which they won convincingly, but seemed to be unaware of the win to begin with. This meant that Brazil had done the double with both singles and doubles titles.

We would like to thank all the players for their performances this week, and with them all the best in the new year.
But now the circuit moves onto THE event of the year, that being the Shrewsbury challenger, where someone is defending their title...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.