Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

160K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#396 ·
I am ok. :) Could be better, but I could be faaaaar worse too. :p You?

Jr. :hug: Hope he makes a speedy recovery. :yeah:

Everyone okay? Today I finally got my project out of the way, and now I can relax for ten days and enjoy the festive season. Then I'll have to start studying. :scared:
Good job :bigclap: dpes it feel good? Having done the project?

I say pull an all-nighter. Few things are as satisfying as working all night on a subject, while listening to some good music, especially when you find out later you aced it.
It's the worst thing for me. :facepalm: Too painful! If it's 2 am there are only two places where I belong: in bed or having fun out in the streets/bars. :shrug:

Most of it's done now just gotta write one last piece which is only 350 words. Although pulling an all nighter might help sort my sleeping pattern out!
:rocker2: you can do it!

#390 ·
Yeah doing fine thanks, although sleeping pattern is doing my head in. Glad you've got your project out of the way. I'm still working on an assignment that I should of handed in on Friday! :stupid:

Jr. is 90% back to normal now. The 10% is more because of hunger. He dares not to eat too much right now. Thanks everyone!

George, this is the first time I see your new avy clearly (using my desktop instead of ipad) and I really love it :lol:
Glad to hear Jr. is back too full health. Allergies are a pain :(.

#403 ·
Gas price is under $3/gal in some gas stations here :woohoo:

and if you have the chance, watch the beginning of "The Voice" from yesterday. I am not sure if it's on youtube. The judges and contestants holding the names of the victims of Newtown shooting and the judges sang Hallelujah.

#405 ·
WHY IS MY GAS NOT THIS CHEAP? NJ gas is usually decent :( Though it is around $3.30 here which is much better than in Connecticut. :D It was $3.80 there last Friday.

#409 ·
It's always cheaper on the Gulf Coast too.

Joe will be happy to know that we got snow last night. We got about 2 inches which is quite a lot for us. Maybe three inches. I didn't measure but looked at it piled on the walls and deck furniture.

It's a little odd to me that the snow here always comes down with no wind. That makes it pretty on the trees and lawns. I grew up on the Great Plains where snow comes with fierce wind and there are giant drifts. Now we have to hope for rapid melting or we will get some kind of weird inversion and have it on the grou d all winter.

#415 ·
Have a blow torch :lol:

My worst nightmare was when living in Calgary, during spring time when cumulated snow/ice over winter melted but could not drain away because drainages were blocked by ice blocks and snow/ice bank by the side of roads and refroozed overnight. You ended up had black icesheet on pavement and road way.

Once I got out of my car but had to hold on to the car to move and the car was more like sliding on road.

#416 ·
Have a blow torch :lol:

My worst nightmare was when living in Calgary, during spring time when cumulated snow/ice over winter melted but could not drain away because drainages were blocked by ice blocks and snow/ice bank by the side of roads and refroozed overnight. You ended up had black icesheet on pavement and road way.

Once I got out of my car but had to hold on to the car to move and the car was more like sliding on road.
Black ice is my nightmare.

It's bad enough on flat land, but on hills and mountains -- insane.

Sorry about the powerlines, but see how perfectly the snow lies on the bottom line?

Attachments

#425 ·
In 2001, the national average price of a gallon of regular gasoline was $1.46. That is equal to about $1.80 per gallon in 2010 dollars.
I do remember it! I do!

It's scary how quickly I became accustomed to it being double that as a driver :tape: I don't think if I were 17 years old today I would have been able to afford filling my tank :tape: It was bad enough needing gas money then! :lol:

#428 ·
My mom and I just got back from Pennsylvania to get a ham :lol:

We stopped by a mall while we were there and all the people were so friendly :D Their slogan on stuff at rest stops is "Smile you're in Pennsylvania" :lol: and normally I laugh, but today it really was pleasant :D

#432 ·
That's a great idea!

I remember distinctly when I grew too tall to run under the kitchen table full tilt. My head took a horrible knock! :lol: I remember being confused. :p It never happened before. I can imagine that little boy so clearly.

When I was here for the first winter, it was hard for me not to turn on the water when it got cold. It was such a habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.