Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafachat - vol. 79. Who cares about the AO? SA slam to start very soon! Bamos!

283K views 5K replies 49 participants last post by  acionescu 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,859 ·
Re: Rafachat - vol. 79. we all want Rafa back, even the haters :angel:

OMG, i feel like it's 2006 all over again :bigcry: :bigcry:

Only differences: not Rafa around and me being 42 :sobbing:
:hug: :hug:
Nole vs Fed final is NID. :eek:

JM, bungy jumping is a bit like tennis. Less you think about it the better it is.
Geee you guys. :lol: :rolleyes:

Gonna check the FB later tonight JM! :kiss:

#1,854 ·

Today I'm going to watch my first match of this year's US Open - Gulbis vs. Haas. Thank you organizers for putting them on a TV court and at a reasonable time for our timezone :hatoff: This will probably be Ernests's only match at the tournament so I hope it's good :awww:

JM, good that you and Eva had fun :yeah: I'm not on FB so I haven't seen the pictures but I can imagine :lol:

#1,855 · (Edited)

After that parachute murder a couple of years ago here, I decided against trying it out. Scary thought just falling to your death like that.

---
Another politician who doesn't let facts get in the way of his stance against abortion. Politician Van der Staaij (NL), argued that "women usually don't get pregnant after being r a p e d. It's not impossible, but it's rare." :cuckoo:
---> Seriously, do they have a big gaping black hole in their brain where simple scientific facts ought to be?

Edit: the man now needs police protection after receiving threats. :facepalm: That's overdoing it a bit as well.

#1,870 · (Edited)

After that parachute murder a couple of years ago here, I decided against trying it out. Scary thought just falling to your death like that.

---
Another politician who doesn't let facts get in the way of his stance against abortion. Politician Van der Staaij (NL), argued that "women usually don't get pregnant after being r a p e d. It's not impossible, but it's rare." :cuckoo:
---> Seriously, do they have a big gaping black hole in their brain where simple scientific facts ought to be?

Edit: the man now needs police protection after receiving threats. :facepalm: That's overdoing it a bit as well.
This scientific "fact" seems to be making the rounds. I just finished a book on the fall of Berlin. The women there who killed themselves and begged for abortions would be thankful to know that their bodies could have prevented conception had they been actually "*****" and not just "having a bit of fun" as the Russian high command put it.

Actually, I believe the percentage of ****s resulting in pregnancy is relatively low, but in order to have a firm grasp on the facts of the matter, you would have to know whether the women were already on birth control, whether there was ejaculation, or whether the woman could conceive. Once the variables are taken out, the statistics might make more sense.

There was a Texas woman the other day who shot her husband mistaking him for a skunk. Not sure about the scientific implications there.

#1,857 ·

JM, bungy jumping is a bit like tennis. Less you think about it the better it is.

#1,860 ·

To those interested in seeing my little city garden. It has won silver in the category "Groen kleurt".

You'll find pictures (+ text in Dutch) in the link underneath. You'll have to download (pdf) the first brochure "'De Vlaamse Tuinaannemer' 2012-2013" and my garden is on pages 24, 25 & 26 (title of the article "Niet van de minste")

http://www.tuinaannemer.be/brochures-downloads

The pictures don't show the front bit (the terrace where there's a little table and such) but as you can see, it's small.

(they even show one of my gnomes...the German one)

#1,863 · (Edited)

As you can see, the garden is about the size of a postage stamp :eek:.
The swimming pool of the garden that won gold in my category looks about as big (or rather, small). :lol:

However, it's a nice place to be in. Throw a couple of pillows on that wooden bench, get a drink and a good book and it's perfect for me.

I'm especially pleased for the man who designed the garden because he's a great guy. The terrace (you can't see) has Vietnamese tiles on it. The man who professionally created that terrace for me committed suicide not that long ago. My garden designer was in a bit down because of it, because he was not only a co-worker but a friend.
In February this year, I'd sent him pictures to ask his help on how to prepare my garden for the Springtime. He came to my house to explain what I needed to do. When Spring arrived and the garden came in full bloom, I was so utterly happy with how the garden turned out that I sent him new pictures and I thanked him for his help.
The garden designer told the jury that my second email with those pictures helped him a great deal to get out of that down period.
He said that he was going to dedicate that silver award to his friend.

So, it's nice all around.

#1,864 ·

As you can see, the garden is about the size of a postage stamp :eek:.
The swimming pool of the garden that won gold in my category looks about as big (or rather, small). :lol:

However, it's a nice place to be in. Throw a couple of pillows on that wooden bench, get a drink and a good book and it's perfect for me.

I'm especially pleased for the man who designed the garden because he's a great guy.
Oh yes, I'm sure. :D :cool: :drink: And wood is such a warm material.
And in the city not everyone can have a big garden, it's good to have a small place like that. And at least it's not a big territory to take care of all the time. I assume you don't have a gardener taking care of it. :aplot: ;)

#1,866 ·

A gardener for such a small garden? :spit:

No, I take care of it myself (although I do need advice now and again).
LOL that's what I thought. Getting advice form time to time is good. :D
And it's also good to work in a garden a bit but not too much with the bigger territories that you have to do there something all the time even if you don't have time or will or whatever. I like working in my mom's garden sometimes on weekends when I have time, I just help her but I would not work there every day like she does. :help: :eek: She is retired and she doesn't overdo it but still. I wouldn't want it on me. :eek:

#1,869 ·

Greenfinger Hilde, good way to take out some of the grumpiness and fine garden by the way.

It's so humorous in a car crash way how stupid people are when it comes to Norwegian maximum sentencing in the Breivik case. No matter how many times you tell them. There is a maximum sentence which can be extended due to special circumstances which this classifies considering it was the worst crime since WW2. Whine, whine, he is not getting out and since Norway has rule of law only penalty that could be done in this case.

#1,874 ·

Greenfinger Hilde, good way to take out some of the grumpiness and fine garden by the way.

It's so humorous in a car crash way how stupid people are when it comes to Norwegian maximum sentencing in the Breivik case. No matter how many times you tell them. There is a maximum sentence which can be extended due to special circumstances which this classifies considering it was the worst crime since WW2. Whine, whine, he is not getting out and since Norway has rule of law only penalty that could be done in this case.
So people are still whining? :eek: IMO it was the best decision the court could make. And as you explained, it's not like he'd ever get out. I saw the relatives of the victims also seemed OK with that. So really don't see a reason to complain here.

And yes I remember the Dutroux case Hilde. Horrible.

#1,872 ·

Breivik got 20 years and after that, they can prolong it with 5 years and they will review it every 5 years. Right?

Reminds me of another utter bastard:

Remember the Dutroux case? The man who, with the help of his wife and some others, abducted, imprisoned (in a hidden cavern) and sexually abused (at least) 6 children?

His wife (who, amongst other things, was responsible for starving at least two of the children to death) has been released yesterday. She will live in a convent as the nuns have offered to give her shelter (I know that they believe in giving people a second chance but still...the pedophile bishop that never got punished is also been given shelter in a monastery in France. Doesn't help the reputation of the church, to give shelter to known pedophiles)

She was arrested in 1996 and convicted in 2004 (compare that with how little time it took Norway to sentence Breivik :eek:. Then again, it was a more complicated case in the sense that they had to investigate the theory that Dutroux was part of a wider pedophile ring)

She also made sure that her properties and money are out of her hands so that the family of the victims can't get it (she has to pay out a certain amount of money to the families). So, thanks to her financial advisors, her own children will get her money instead of giving it to the families of the victims.

She doesn't seem to be very sorry for what she's done. From the money she did earn in prison, only a fraction went to that penalty she was ordered to pay.

star said:
The women there who killed themselves and begged for abortions would be thankful to know that their bodies could have prevented conception had they been actually "*****" and not just "having a bit of fun" as the Russian high command put it.
:eek:
unbelievable, the depths some people can sink to.

#1,873 ·

He will get 21 years Hilde. In theory he can ask for parole in 10 years, then again in theory I could run for prime minister this is how likely it will happen.

Once the sentence is served then they will review it. Then they can keep extending and very likely they will because of the particular circumstances of this case. If he was released the amount of shit it would cause wouldn't be worth it for that judge.

Belgium apart from good beer and food, do pretty well for corruption at the highest levels of government.

#1,878 ·

how can you mistake your hubby for a skunk

did he have a mohawk?

#1,889 ·

Here is a real life thriller. I heard about it on This American Life, but it is an ebook too.

http://www.propublica.org/article/finding-oscar-massacre-memory-and-justice-in-guatemala

It is amazing that this even happened -- well, not amazing because unfortunately atrocities are not so infrequent, but the women who were so brave in tracking down what had happened.

If you prefer, you can take about an hour to listen to this program.

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/465/what-happened-at-dos-erres

#1,893 ·

you are an old granny and you still behave like a 16 year old girl over Rafa

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.