Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Look, you know, our draws are not rigged they are just unlikely. (pt3)

160K views 5K replies 29 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
So many posts, we went through that last one so fast :D

New chat thread :rocker:

#448 ·
Lee, it was -6 here at 7am. And went down even to -11 no when I checked. How can that be? I check the other locations on my weather app to make sure not every place is whacko. In checking the weather channel I see that they have us at 2 degrees now and that makes more sense with the sun well risen.

It also says: the chance of a second significant snowfall across western Colorado and eastern Utah will increase early next week as another pacific storm moves across the intermountain west. There will be two weather systems that will impact the region. One on Sunday followed by a bigger storm o. Monday that may linger into Christmas Day. On su day afternoon and evening there will be a chance of snow over the high country including the high mountain passes. Early indications suggest snowfall will be light and range from 2 to 4 inches mainly above 8000 feet. The stronger winter storm is expected to arrive Monday afternoon and depart the region Christmas Day. The heaviest snowfall is projected to occur on Christmas Eve. The potential exists for widespread snow accumulations.

Possibly heavy snow in the mountains. Snowfall is also possible in the lower elevations and desert valleys of western Colorado and eastern Utah. The interstate corridor could be affected. Confidence is rising that snow will occur across s broad area that will negatively affect travel,

/end warning

So depressed as I type that. It means a cold cold winter for us because once that refrigerator effect starts here in the valley with the cliffs holding in the cold , it just will never warm up. So sad,

Also just finished The Year If Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. So beautifully written with so much wisdom but so inexpressibly sad and so profoundly sad. My final thought as the book eneed was, "How did you expect the story to end," thinking of Didion, and then "How do I expect the story to end? How do any of us expect it to end?" We're all involved in magical thinking our whole lives somehow.

#450 ·
Should have been The Year Of Magical Thinking.

The weather icon still says -2, but the weather channel has us up to 11. I don't know what's going on with the weather icon or where these two weather thingies get their weather information from. The airport is about 15 minutes from town and it's probably about 500 feet higher.

#452 ·
I know. And as someone I follow on Twitter said, it would take more than one armed guard to protect these massive high schools. Maybe 5 armed guards and a moat :rolleyes: We're aren't in the time of one room schoolhouses like Little House on the Prarie anymore either. Then next they will probably recommend an armed officer in every single classroom... because then THAT will be the answer.

Of course they recommend fighting guns with more guns, but America doesn't really feel like the "land of the free" when you are surrounded by guns on every corner to be "safe".

#456 ·
This is kind of amazing seeing how she had a husband who knew what was going on -- her college sweetheart.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/suzy-favor-hamilton-136952

The profile also included her rates, from $600 for one hour to $6000 for a 24-hour period. “Kelly,” the site noted, provided “Full GFE,” or “girlfriend experience,” an intimate, less mechanical encounter. Additionally, the rate schedule noted, clients would be charged a $300 supplement for a particular sex act.
These guys must be loaded -- I mean with money.

#460 ·
Snow and more to come.

I'm glad you like the book.

Was wondering if you'd enjoy Play It As It Lays. Sort of an iconic California late 60s book. Published 1970.
The protagonist, an unfulfilled actress, recounts her life while recovering from a mental breakdown in an exclusive Neuropsychiatric Institute. The reason for her confinement is purportedly [but not really] having participated in the suicidal death of a befriended bisexual movie producer

#471 ·
Yesterday I went to Spain. You all know, it's just 5 minutes from here. But I drove with my dad and sister to a town 25 kms from Chaves. And we visited a small, cute castle. I felt like I was travelling :lol: when really I just crossed the border. :rolls: It's funny how Portugal and Spain are so alike in everything, especially this region of Spain, yet every time I cross the border I feel a different vibe. It's still very different, you still can tell it's a whole new country.

Photos:

#474 ·
Merry Christmas! Feliz Natal! Feliz Navidad! 聖誕節快樂! joyeux Noël! 메리 크리스마스 giáng sinh vui vẻ! veselé Vianoce! Gelukkig kerstfeest!

I wanted to make one for Chirag but not sure which is the correct one but he's very fluent in English :p I also did not put Serbian but it's not yet Christmas for them :lol:

#479 ·
It's sunny here but the air is stagnant, aka, poluted air is trapped in the valley and bad air overall for a few days already. No burning of wood fireplace or any outdoor burning. And of course, it's really bad for my allergy. I am staying indoor as much as possible :p

I woke up last 2 mornings with a stuffy nose and severe headache. This morning, I thought something was off as even with bad allergy days, I did not wake up in this state, and I checked the air purifier in my bedroom and somehow it was turned off. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.