Mens Tennis Forums banner

Madrid Final: Juan Carlos Ferrero def. Nicolas Massu 6-3 6-4 6-3!

3K views 64 replies 19 participants last post by  esther 
#1 · (Edited)
Vamos Juan Carlos! :D

Let's keep up with him here.

#5 ·
Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

He's playing Ferreira not before 7:30pm...Hope his injurys fine and he gets back into it quickly! Go Ferrero :D

#7 ·

ATP World Number One trophy:D

#9 ·

Barely got pass Ferreira. Pls play better next round, Juanqui. His serve, where did it go? And looked a little slow, maybe that heel injury is not completely recovered? Or he just didn't get enough training to get the rhythm bcos of the injury.

Anyways, it's gonna get tougher and I hope he will play way better than he did in this round. But Ferreira played so well, so I'm glad Juanqui managed a win out of this.

VAMOS JC, you need to hang on to the #1.

#11 ·

Sorry, didn't mean to be critical. But his game was clearly not up to his level IMO and I'm just wondering out loud if he could improve for the next round. I'm still hopeful that he could win the whole thing. Besides, like I said, I'm really glad that his effort gained him a win despite the fact that he's not playing as well as he could have. So we are all in the same line, glad he won. :)

#12 ·

congrats JC!

#14 ·

lauren said:
Juan Carlos will play Mantilla tonight (last match on Center Court). Hope he will win and go to the final on Sunday :bounce:
Does anybody knows if his Patricia is in Madrid to encourage him ?

Lauren
Yes, She was with Juanqui in the Real Madrid´s players training

#19 ·

If he reaches SF this week then he is guaranteed to be #1 for the next two weeks? That'd be great, especially since Roddick has QF points to defend in Basel and Paris, while Ferrero has less with a SF at Basel and a 2nd round at Paris. Then, of course, there's the Federer valuable and also all those points to defend at the TMC.

Vamos Juan Carlos! Just one month of tennis left, so go put your all into and finish at #1!

#20 ·
Re: Re: Juan Carlos in Madrid

Hi Leo :wavey:

My avatar is him at DC, can't sure when but I think it's in the SF in sebtember.

Sorry, my bad. I think I got too carry away and forgot one thing. If he gets into the SF tomorrow, he will still be #1 next week. And even if he couldn't defend Basel, he has more safe points than Pandy.

But then, I forgot that Pandy also play Basel, and Pandy can gain point in Basel bcos his 5th optional is like 120pts. So Pandy can still take over in Basel. Emmmm, hope I didn't confused you. I guess the most important is to get thru tomorrow's match to stay for at least another week, and more importantly, to increase his chance for the yearending one.

#24 ·

Ferrero: "The match was complicated"

Q. You won in two sets.
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: The match was complicated, but then we were even. In the second set, I think I made a couple errors, two or three points in a row. Maybe it was too much.
But it was a good match, especially the tiebreaks.
Don't tell me that we played badly indoors, please (smiling).

Q. Now you're in the quarterfinals, playing without pressure because you've qualified for Houston. Is it a good thing for you to play under pressure? You have nothing to lose.
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: When one loses a match, he always loses something, of course. I'm motivated because I'm in Spain. You always learn from a match you win. Now I'm risking No. 1 against Federer, so that's important.

Q. According to the statistics, if you win the next match, you're No. 1.
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah, tomorrow is a difficult match against Srichaphan. The last time we played, I won, in Sydney. Okay, it was outdoors, but it's going to be a difficult match, that's for sure.

Q. Now you have to go to Paris, Houston. Are you going to rest?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Well, I didn't go to Vienna because of my injury, my foot. I'm a little bit rested. So let's play this week and next week we'll see.

Q. What about your foot?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Today it was perfect. It didn't bother me. I'm happy. I played a hundred percent.

Q. What do you think about Moya's loss against Feliciano?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Feliciano was motivated because he was playing at home. It's clear that he's used to playing in this type of altitude. His serve is a great weapon. He volleys very well. He moves well. It was an even match. He won. But it's one match of many. You shouldn't give it more thought.

Q. Once more you have the support of Real Madrid players. If you won the Godo, would you be upset if the Barcelona players were there?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: I hope Valencia players play well in Valencia's tournament (laughter).

Q. Will you deny you belong to Real Madrid or what?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: No, I'm not. I don't belong to the Real Madrid.

#25 ·
question: is juan guaranteed the number 1 spot 4 another week..even if he makes the semi's and loses to federer and then roger goes on to win the title :confused:

Im so happy andy lost..not that i dont like him..but im still bitter over the us open ;)

todays match was so good.i didnt see the 1st set but apparently it wasnt very good but wow both players played really great tennis in the 2nd set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.