Mens Tennis Forums banner

Brilliant Tennis Photography Thread

479K views 1K replies 313 participants last post by  ProdigyEng 
#1 ·
Thread similar to "Funny Fotos", but instead of funny, we post here tennis photos where the photographer has done a brilliant job.

I'll be partial to pics of Roger at Roland Garros 2009. Everything in that event (especially the outfit - light blue, grey, hint of orange) was perfect and made for epic photographs.

Of course, feel free to post your own.

I expect a lot of Wimbledon pics. Tennis stars minus advertisements in the backgrounds makes for great photos.

See less See more
#179 · (Edited)
^^ hihi :D

A few from the last 3 weeks, maybe not brilliant, but pretty good.

I think it might be symptomatic that Roddick can give such great disappointment shots. :/
Indian Wells Finals.

Semis vs. Ljubo.
Would have been better if they cropped off the shorts. :p

Ljubicic, victory vs. Nadal, SF IW

I think this one really captures Soderling's full power and potential as a tennis player. :bowdown:
(also, it might be really easy for any haters to photoshop in a pair of horns and a trident :lol:)
IW, vs Murray.

Murray at IW, vs Soderling. Great lines, interesting light focus.

Mostly for the light. :hearts:
Ljubicic, IW, vs. Monaco.

#180 ·
That top one of Andy is exquisite. I always get the impression that over and beyond providing protection from the sun's glare, that hat allows Andy to hide his more raw emotions from the opponent and the public. He's having a thoughtful moment in this one - perhaps assessing a point badly played or contemplating a next move. Add to that the falling drop of perspiration from the rim of the hat and you have classic Andy.

Ljubo and Sod - the thrill and intensity of competitive tennis.

Thanks Harmless. :)

#182 ·
Love the Safina and Fed ...contemplating all alone.

#184 ·
After this Fedal fest I think this thread needs to be balanced.

This pic is not particularly brilliant but captures an important moment and it is very emotional.

Nole right after winning his first grand slam, I think it's beautiful.

This pic just makes me laugh but it's a classic one and kudos to the photographer who was quick enough to take that one. :lol:

Nole is an emotional player that gives great pictures... welcome to the Djokocoaster. :p

#188 ·
There's nothing wrong in photoshopped images, if done aesthetically. I remember one of Federer hitting in the foreground and fire behind him, seen in MTF. Put up by some Fed fan. Done very well though. Wish I could see it again.

Great thread.

#194 ·
Beautiful shots of Nole in Montecarlo, love this tournament site. :kiss:

How the hell do you bend your arm like this? :eek:

Reactions: shuhrat
#207 ·
:hatoff: :lol:
I'll try finding more, but those are really the best that I saw. :]
:haha: Wow, I feel sick now, I mean Nando is hot! Almugro is... :unsure:
:drool: All 3 pictures are awesome! Hehe hey Maya :bounce:
I thought you'd like. :p
Don't want to overspam this with Berdych photos, so I'll just link more. You might like this this this:lol: this this(not a fan of Berdych by any stretch of the imagination, but I gotta say - wow) this this this this this this this this this this this this(talk about low!) and this. That turned out to be a very long Berdych linkspam. :lol:

This one I think can be posted, it's thematically more than just a fanpic. Lovely photo. The light, the sentiment, the crowd... it could be a poster for the "Tennis is a beautiful sport" campaign. :D (if such a thing were to exist, and I think it should. :p)

Miami Finals.

Hehe, I was expecting this to be the standard reaction, good job representing, Amanda. :p

#209 ·
A few more old ones, since I'm picspamming already. :p

Aaaages ago, back when Rafa wore the sleeveless, and JMDP had long hair.
I think I originally saved because of the visible height difference, and how it illustrates that theory that a few have stated that the new gen. players keep getting taller and taller, and that in the future it will be near impossible to stay on a high level in pro tennis if you're under 190cm.
Also it's kind of... cute. :p

Daniel Koellerer

Nadal and Verdasco, Davis Cup (of course :p)

Andy Murray, such a graceful clay player... :inlove:

Lycan Rafa :scared:

Monaco

And JesusFed. :worship:

#213 ·
Roger aka Ballerina. :lol:

Reactions: Matt01
#219 ·
Incorrect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.