• Raonic

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Federer

Votes: 65 43.9%
  • Almagro

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.0%

Who will be the finalist from the bottom half?

7K views 108 replies 65 participants last post by  Andi-M 
#1 ·
I'd say in recent times this is probably the most unpredictable section of a draw, no clear favorite at all who would you pick?

I'll go for Jo :D

#86 ·
most likely Roger

#91 ·
no doubt muger will fluke his way to another RG final

his draw is truly from hell itself: mug, mug, choker, gimp, clown

you have to hope that tennis can prepare itself, mentally, physically, commercially...for a 32 year old slow serve bot reaching the final of a clay tournament

fortunately the arrogant diva will be humiliated by a proper clay courter like gymnast or thug

#93 ·
There are only 3 realistic choices here: Fed, Ferrer, Tsonga.

Gulbis is extremely overrated in this poll. Nothing against the guy, but he never reached a final of any non-Micky Mouse event and only twice passed a 2nd round of a Slam and you think he'll reach a final here? He can make an upset, but pointing him as the finalist is delusional.

As for Berdych, he's chances are obviously greater than Gulbis', but still poor as he was never great on clay and has a nightmare draw.

#98 ·
There are only 3 realistic choices here: Fed, Ferrer, Tsonga.

Gulbis is extremely overrated in this poll. Nothing against the guy, but he never reached a final of any non-Micky Mouse event and only twice passed a 2nd round of a Slam and you think he'll reach a final here? He can make an upset, but pointing him as the finalist is delusional.

As for Berdych, he's chances are obviously greater than Gulbis', but still poor as he was never great on clay and has a nightmare draw.
:bigclap:

#94 ·
It's 50:50 between Federer and Ferrer. Ferrer will surely beat Berdych or whoever. But Fed-Tsonga is 50:50 on clay. If Ferrer plays Fed, he'll lose, if Ferrer plays Tsonga, he'll win. But I have a feeling Tsonga will beat Fed, so Pics will make the final.

#95 ·
It's 50:50 between Federer and Ferrer. Ferrer will surely beat Berdych or whoever. But Fed-Tsonga is 50:50 on clay. If Ferrer plays Fed, he'll lose, if Ferrer plays Tsonga, he'll win. But I have a feeling Tsonga will beat Fed, so Pics will make the final.
Are you serious?

#96 ·
My vote goes for Gulbis. Maybe my levels of patriotism reach "stupid&delusional", but still, Gulbis has had great success in ATP ranks and in matches lately. If he stops UE'ing and choking that much, then there's a quite respectable chance of reaching the final.
Nr. 2 - Federer.

#101 ·
Love how everyone is skipping Federer when talking about Jo potentially getting to the final.

#102 ·
I was leaning towards Berdych. Now that he is gone I think Federer should get there. I see Tsonga a threat although not as big as I saw Berdych. If Fed gets past Tsonga - I just cant see Ferrer troubling Federer. Even if Ferrer plays the best match of his career I think he will end up losing to Roger.

And if Roger makes the final - anything can happen in one match - rafa or novak. Im sure roger would prefer novak :)

#103 ·
I was leaning towards Berdych. Now that he is gone I think Federer should get there. I see Tsonga a threat although not as big as I saw Berdych. If Fed gets past Tsonga - I just cant see Ferrer troubling Federer. Even if Ferrer plays the best match of his career I think he will end up losing to Roger.

And if Roger makes the final - anything can happen in one match - rafa or novak. Im sure roger would prefer novak :)
That's a big understatement. Though Fed would never come out and say he prefers to play Novak we all know it to be true. Just like Rafa saying he wants to play Fed more than Novak. He would never say it because it would be kind of wrong, but we know he likes playing one far more than the other.

#105 ·
Claymon can do it! ;)

#109 ·
Picked Jo knew Fed wouldn't be a problem for him, Ferrer however-- this is a 50:50 maybe the crowd will give Jo the edge if things get intense. Will be soo pleased whoever wins . :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.