Mens Tennis Forums banner

Slasher's new signature

7K views 86 replies 27 participants last post by  Rob & Stephen 
#1 ·
Presenting my new signature, a tribute to the two things I hobby for more, Tennis and Star Wars. Also updatable week by week.:)

Thoughts ?

#4 ·
Same.

#6 ·
Now I can see it ;) cool sig!

#8 ·
#14 ·
Epic

Rafter with one week :hearts:

I loved that dude :yeah:

#15 ·
I am actually very proud of each and every one of the 25. I have not discriminated any of the player in any way when I imagined the color of the lightsaber, linking to the faction, light-side or dark-side. I based it mostly on playing style. Pat's color for instance is inspired from his serve and volley combined with his great agility. 60% light-side, 40% dark side. Purple is the 50-50 marker.:)

#17 ·
The signature is a tribute, not an information panel. The idea was to create something unique and imaginative out of commonly known information, and make it a bit interactive. I thought the idea of portraying tennis players into beings with superhuman abilities was cute and interesting, although it was obvious that not everyone will appreciate it. I worked a few weeks carefully designing, cropping and editing the images to adhere to my views on mentioned players and it is for the people who appreciate it, not for the ones who don't.:)

About it being too big, I'll have you know it respects the forum's rule for maximum sig image width (600 pixels). The height cannot be reduced due to the fact that the image will be compressed, quality destroyed, and value nulled. I compensated for this by not adding any text. I could have done that and made the signature much larger than it is right now. Again, the sig's height (463 pixels) is lower than many other sigs with text only, or text and images that offer tribute to players or other stuff.

#18 ·
No offense but it is way too big and the content is pointless: those who care about tennis are aware of that stat, those who don't won't get what it is about.

Reactions: Slasher1985
#20 ·
Slasher instead of using 8 on each row I'm sure you could fit about 11 which would make the picture shorter :shrug:

#25 ·
No problem ;) It's much better now! Maybe it would look a bit better if it was centered? :shrug:

#28 ·
Hmmmm... Andy Murray and then for the color it would be red ;)

#29 · (Edited)
Guess I should have mentioned my reasoning in choosing the current color lineup:

Blue (Nastase, McEnroe, Sampras, Kafelnikov, Rafter, Federer) - Shot mastery, balanced game play, preference to tactics, if imbued with unpredictable comical shots -> leans to light blue (Ilie Nastase); if imbued with net play and serve and volley tactics, imbues to purple (Patrick Rafter) or darker blue (Kafelnikov), and if enough uniqueness in shots is reached, Dark Blue (John McEnroe).

Green (Connors, Courier, Agassi, Kuerten, Roddick) - Spirited style of play, baseline play or serve and volley tactics are both accepted here, if the player utilizes a lot of energy on the court. More defensive - yellow imbued (Jim Courier), variation of hits - blue imbued (Agassi, Roddick). Purely spirited (Connors as original, Kuerten for his unique grunts).

Yellow (Borg, Lendl, Moya, Ferrero) - Defensive style of play, or offensive baseline style of play, or nothing special, but non-aggressive style of play. If there is variation and a little net play, the color becomes white (Wilander). Aggressive moments in play lead to reddish or orange hints (Ferrero or Moya).

Orange (Newcombe, Becker) - Attacking style of play, not physically intense enough to be purely aggressive and combined with baseline play.

Purple (Edberg, Djokovic) - Attacking style of play, not physically intense enough to be purely aggressive and combined with shot mastery, or volley mastery (Edberg).

Maroon (Safin) - Attacking style of play with occasional aggressive moments dominated by power shots and groundstrokes (unique to Marat Safin).

Red (Muster, Hewitt, Nadal) - Aggresive style of play, physically intense hits, aggressive body language (Muster, Hewitt).

Gray (Marcelo Rios) - We all know what this neutral color means LOL

Following this, my estimate for Murray if he is 26th would be either green or yellow or a combination of them, mostly yellow. He's defensive like his mentor, Lendl.

#30 ·
Oh, I thought red was defensive :shrug: I'll go with lime green :p

#32 ·
next no.1 will be Milos Raonic :D

:secret: Djokovic is not purple more yellow

#37 ·
:scratch: why GOAT

The GOAT had retired before Computer rankings arrived.......

#38 ·
as a star wars fan, great sig... nice colours for the weapons...

great light sabre attack stances - connors, borg, wilander, becker, muster, rios, safin, roddick, nadal, djokovic

shit light sabre stances - hewitt, kuerten, rafter, edberg, mcenroe, nastase

you cant make rafter look so poor with a light sabre pose like that, maybe switch that up... rios looks deadly, like he really gonna fuck some shitty droid up around the legs... safin too, he looking to snap some scrub all nasty like... hewitt looks like he is not using the force, maybe find another pic...

#39 ·
you cant make rafter look so poor with a light sabre pose like that, maybe switch that up... rios looks deadly, like he really gonna fuck some shitty droid up around the legs... safin too, he looking to snap some scrub all nasty like... hewitt looks like he is not using the force, maybe find another pic...
Thank you very much for this. I'll take it into consideration when I'm gonna have some more free time to decapitate.:)

#41 · (Edited)
I will obey of course, but let it be known that it's terribly unfair to have image-only sigs that are much smaller than text-only sigs, yet okay to have text sigs that are big. The image is not even uploaded on your site, so there is no storage issue. I can actually write a "novel" with all the quotes I can find on the forum and it will be 4 times bigger than an image, and then add an image too which obeys the "unfair" rule. In fact, it's unfair enough that I want to regret spending 25 bucks for it. I mean, it's not really worth supporting this site at all (money or otherwise), there is absolutely nothing to gain from it, if my sig is "way too big" for only 100 pixels, when other people can fill 500 more pixels with text.:eek:

You may also close/delete/burn this thread, because the sig is done... You have the power, you're admin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.