MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Mikhail Youzhny: Articles & Interviews

View Single Post

Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #13
country flag tedlesurfeur

tedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond reputetedlesurfeur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mikhail Youzhny: Articles & Interviews

a bit late... but never too late right?

Russia’s Mikhail Youzhny, world No.14, will come up against Serbia’s Viktor Troicki in the third round. He’s been a frequent flyer since he was ten years old… and he likes it that way. Buckle your seatbelts for another exciting interview, this time with a travel theme.

What’s the most relaxing city?
I know it’s not the most relaxing city for everyone, but home in Moscow is where I feel the best.

The city where you’d like to own a house?
Moscow and no where else!

The best beaches ?
Are there any better beaches than in the Maldives?

The best restaurant?
Georges, in Miami. A fantastic Italian restaurant.

The most amazing place?
The Wailing Wall in Jerusalem. I went there with Russia for a Davis Cup match. The place was amazing, so symbolic.

Your travelling partners?
My coach, my wife Yulia and sometimes my mother.

The thing you like least about travelling?
Well, nothing really. Travelling is one the best things about this profession. And anyway, I’ve been travelling since I was small, so I’m used to it.

The best crowd?
The French crowd! I’m not just saying that because I’m at the French Open, I really think that. The French know their tennis. They encourage their players without insulting the opponents. It was something I experienced during the Davis Cup at Bercy. They’re tennis connoisseurs.

The best-organised tournament?
Dubai and Moscow.

The country with the best looking girls?
Russia. Obviously [laughs].

Your best friend on the circuit?
Sergiy Stakhovsky, but also most of the other Russian and Ukrainian players.
tedlesurfeur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote