MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

View Single Post

Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #35
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Between Hewitt, Luczak and our doubles pairing I would be very surprised if we couldn’t get 3 home wins against Belgium. Hewitt has shown in his previous meetings that he has the measure of the Rochus Brothers and Malisse and the only time he played Darcis he thrashed him at the Aus Open. Will be interesting to see the surface they choose. Belgium look reasonably strong on all. If it were me I would lean towards the Hardcourt. If we go grass Luczak can’t play on it and we are left with Hewitt and Ball and one of them would have to play all three days (could use Tomic but it wouldn’t be worth the risk). If we go clay and Luczak or Hewitt get injured we have no one to turn to. But if we go to Hardcourts, Lleyton should win his two rubbers, the doubles shouldn’t be much of a problem and Luczak will be in with a huge chance of winning his two rubbers. Plus if one of them gets injured there are a number of players who could fill the void.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote