MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Estoril 2010

Thread: Estoril 2010
View Single Post

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
country flag Keijan

Keijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond reputeKeijan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estoril 2010

My take on this is that he probably needed a real break from tennis -and while he could have continued to physically work even with an injured hand, he might have told Rasheed to go home to spend some time "chilling" like he says, playing poker, seeing his friends and gf, being on holidays... the hand was a good pretext because it was real et c'est arrivé à point nommé.
They also mentionned (was it in l'équipe ? can't remember) that he was also mentally down because one of his best friends is going through a very bad illness (and we all know what Gaël is like, if something happens to his loved ones, he loses all focus and stability.)

It's probably a mix of everything, his injury, his need for a break, his personal problems. I mean, I definitely get that life can happen outside of the job and interfere with it, and in Gaël's case it probably affects him more than any other players (ok Richard excepted, maybe )

It's not that worrisome, it would be if it was about anyother player than him, but once again, he's so special... let's wait and see. He defies all logic rules, and the longer he's out before RG, the further he goes in the tournament, so let's go for a Rafa final this time
Keijan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote