MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Financial clusterfuck in Europe

View Single Post

Old 04-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #49
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit crisis in Greece, others to follow...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prima donna View Post
The motif of proponents of big government seems to be that government has a perpetual duty to interpose itself, whereas the motif of proponents of free enterprise is the vanquishment of any regulatory system. It doesn't take a genius to deduce that a hybrid model of the aforementioned philosophies would suffice.

What's the purpose of engaging one another when the results are predetermined ? If everyone religiously adheres to a certain ideology, is not the very point of discourse undermined ? The notion of a world in which unfettered free markets exist is, well, quixotic. Similarly, the notion of a world in which personal finances and private companies are micromanaged is, well, absurd.

Wall Street is inhabited by wildly intelligent people, yet some are naive enough to regard such individuals as magnanimous and innocuous. Main Street is inhabited by average investors, many of whom enter the market fully aware of the inherent risk involved, yet desirous of wealth. Why should the government reward the cupidity of fools ?

My diatribe has nothing to do with Greece, but I've noticed that each thread pertaining to finance succumbs to a similar fate: simplistic, ideologically based skirmishes.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote