MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Greg Jones Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #59
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greg Jones Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
Now that the DC team has been announced and Greg is not involved he can focus on getting some solid overseas challenger results. He is seeded 4th in Manta and should make the quarters but there is potential to go further it just depends how he plays against De Heart (presuming De Heart makes it that far). It is pretty impressive that he is able to get at least one win consistantly most weeks.

Next week and the following week he will have 39 points to defend given his results in the Aussie futures this time last year. He is playing in the American challengers both weeks so he can defend them he is just going to have to knock out a seed or two. After that Greg has nothing to defend until the end of July so lots of potential to gain much needede points.

If Greg keeps playing every week and espically if it is events such as this one in Ecuador or the one in Mexico two weeks ago then Greg is going to find himself inside the top 150 very quickly. Come on Greg I know you are a good enough player to be playing ATP.
Yeah the people over in the Challenger thread are also talking up the chances of 2001 Junior Wimbledon champ Valent who plays Deheart in the first round. It would be great to see Greg do well here. Looking at the pictures from the night final last year there seems to be a great atmosphere around this tournament with a packed out stadium and fireworks after the match. I don't want to look to far ahead but I can't help but notice that if he could sneak past the Quarters the other top half quarter looks very weak and he could very well make it into the final. Probably shouldn't look that far ahead though
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote