MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

View Single Post

Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #14
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Most of the zonal ties are scheduled at the same time so China are also playing Kazakhstan next week. The thing I find strange (and this is what you might be eluding to) is why are Australia and Kazakhstan scheduled to play in a week with ATP tournaments but yet when the the week in July swings around where the ATP has a week off for Davis Cup, AUS and Kazakhstan don't play a tie but the lesser Asian nations (Philippines, Korea, Taiwan and Uzbekistan) have their ties scheduled in this week. Wouldn't it make more sense to play the better teams who have more ATP players in the week with no ATP tournaments and the lesser teams who lost to AUS, KAZ, CHN and JAP on this week where the only players that will be affected by missing a week on the ATP are Lu and Istomin but not even they are regulars on the tour.

Maybe there is a reason but I can't see it.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote