MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger)

View Single Post

Old 04-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #13
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Race points 2010 for juniors (1992 and younger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSRteam View Post
I agree, but I've never said that they (monfils and de bakker for instance) played the best juniors of the generation* at the junior grand slams, I just said that it is still interesting to follow those jnuiors in their last year as juniors when they play the junior grand slams because the winners of junior grand slams (even if they are already 18) very often become great tennis players (top 100 material at least).
OK it still has "some" interest, but ATP results have more interest at 18 years old imo, the best juniors at that age rather playing in futures or challengers. Junior results are more interesting for me for younger players : even if they don't "win" junior grand slams, it's interesting. But people only remember winners, even when they didn't face the best players of their generation