MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger)

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Race points 2010 for juniors (1992 and younger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
yes it happens but they don't always intend to do that, many players didn't even try to win one

... and in this generation Harrison and Krajinovic haven't won one, and it seems that they won't even try

And even if they try, that's not so interesting as the best players from their generation don't compete (for instance Monfils didn't have Nadal and Gasquet's competition, De Bakker Cilic's or Del Potro's or Gulbis's or Korolev's).
I agree, but I've never said that they (monfils and de bakker for instance) played the best juniors of the generation* at the junior grand slams, I just said that it is still interesting to follow those jnuiors in their last year as juniors when they play the junior grand slams because the winners of junior grand slams (even if they are already 18) very often become great tennis players (top 100 material at least).

*Although, wawrinka and tsonga played the best of their year (1985)...

Quote:
By the way, as you speak of De Bakker, I've noted something about junior grand slams : Wimbledon is obviously the most famous grand slam, but as far as juniors are concerned, many players who have won junior Wimbledon have not succeeded later (I don't say that for De Bakker who already approaches ATP rank 60), whereas the winners or junior French Open make a very impressive list, even McEnroe and Edberg won junior French open, and very few of junior French open winners didn't succeed among adults (I say that esp for Berta from this 1992 generation who so far has hardly played a match among adults)

Quite true... quite a few junior wimbledon champs have not suceeded that much on the ATP unlike junior roland garros champs...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote