MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ATP Race points 2011 for juniors (1993 and younger)

View Single Post

Old 04-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
country flag FSRteam

FSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond reputeFSRteam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ATP Race points 2010 for juniors (1992 and younger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
People make a lot of hype about results in junior tournaments but if players succeed in junior tournaments while being already nearly 18 years old (like Monfils in the past, I don't think it's really interesting as the main competitors from his generation have already stopped playing junior tournaments. I rather look at junior results for younger players (it's still OK for generation 1993 and younger ones, but for generation 1992, I don't think it's really interesting to look at their results in junior tournaments anymore).
I totally agree with you but not for the junior grand slam results when the juniors are 18, because quite often the best 18-yrs old juniors want to capture a junior grand slam before going full time to the main tour and therefore the play those tournaments. For example wawrinka, monfils and tsonga who have entered top 10 at some point have all captured one or more junior grand slam(s) when they were 18-yrs old. Also de bakker and some others who have entered top 100... I don't remember precisely for all those players, but I just checked and wawrinka beat almagro, sela and ouanna en route to the final of junior roland garros title and they were all 18...
FSRteam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote