MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 04-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #142
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
couldnt agree more with you

finally another Federer fan around here who gets it

and the thing is when he does come back, he will be rusty and play one horror match after another until the inevitable early loss

if not even M.Carlo, he should have played next week in casablanca or whatever just to get some friggin matches .. matches at some 250 would be on the same level as practise sessions (for him) anyway i'd probably guess
I believe the thinking behind the schedule was originally something like this:

Play warm-up events and then the AO. Then a solid period of practising. Then play Dubai, IW and Miami. Then another solid period of practising. Then the three clay events.

We all know that Roger likes to have periods of 3-4 weeks of practising with no tournaments. However that plan was disrupted by his illness. He skipped Dubai and barely played any matches at IW and Miami. So there is little need for any rest right now. What he needs more is matchplay - and the points involved with playing high profile tournaments like Monte Carlo.

On the other hand, playing Estoril makes no sense whatsoever. He he goes deep in Rome and then wins Estoril, he'll probably be forced to withdraw from Madrid and the measly 250 points you get for winning Estoril just isn't worth that.