MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 04-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #125
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post

I don't think Nadal will clean up all of the clay season, and even if Djokovic, who is usually his main opponent, is far from his best.

As he plays now, I think that many players, esp claycourt players, can give him many problems on clay.
After tonight's match, I saw that Nadal's power is back at his best, then I think that he will be on clay like every year.

Unfortunately for him Roddick was on fire tonight but anyway it would have been hard for him against Söderling, as he has currently a problem with quick tense balls.

It's not good for him for Wimbledon (but there's a lot of time before that), but on clay, it will not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Ninja
I honestly believed that Nadal was good enough to win Miami. Now that Roddick has taken him out in the SF Nadal has a theoretical maximum of 9050. Federer currently stands at a minimum of 7240. That's a difference of 1810 if Federer wants to break the record on his own accord (not rely on Nadal's results).
my numbers are just a little bit different : after the Queens, a maximum of 9450 for Nadal (minimum of 3700), and a minimum of 7315 for Federer.

Nadal's threat is still here obviously, even though it would have been quite stronger if he had won Miami.