MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 04-01-2010, 05:01 AM   #116
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcRD View Post
Watchout, the way Nadal is playing he could sweep through claycourt season. I mean, he is really playing good tennis. Who is going to stop him on clay this season?
I based my earlier (rather overreacting, yes, but well that's how I deal with severe disappointments ) post on exactly this. I've been rather surprised with all those folks claiming that Nadal was 'done' in the past couple of months. Yes, he's had his knee troubles again (and that problem will continue to reoccur), but judging on how well he's playing right now again, I expect him to sweep the clay season yet again.
Roger himself will have to keep close to his results of last year to not lose too many points, and that won't be an easy task. I'm hoping that he'll accept a WC at Monte Carlo again, picking up some easy points over there might well be a good idea in the light of attempting to break Sampras' record, as it might well be getting very close.

Keep in mind, there is one (well, more, to me personally ) very positive aspect about Rafa doing well again right now: with Djokovic and Murray struggling, DelPotro and Davydenko still out with injuries, and the rest of the field too far back on points to be able to do any real damage, the chances are very good that he'll be able to pick up the #2 ranking position in the upcoming months again. As such, he'll at least be on the other side of the draw for sure again, so no risk of Roger having to play Rafa in the semis of RG (and elsewhere).

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote