MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #102
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie the Cat View Post
Exactly, and well explained.
And that's also exactly why I am not buying any 'Roger doesn't care about tournaments outside GS anymore'-excuse. Roger knows what you've just explained above himself all too well, and realizes that he MUST do well/reasonable in at least a couple of MS/500/250 tournaments to indeed be able to overtake Pete's record.
Not quite. I don't think that there's any realistic way that the Sampras record isn't going down. What I was talking about was the inevitability of Nadal finishing the year as #1 if he plays like in 2005-2008 - not of Nadal overtaking #1 before Wimbledon. Nadal might very well topple Federer right after Wimbledon, but not before.