MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #99
country flag BlueSwan

BlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond reputeBlueSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

I've long said that Nadal has a structural advantage in the race for #1 amongst the top players. This is because while the clay season is (too) short, he has the ability to totally clean up on clay. On hard courts all the top players (and others) will have to share the points. The way I see it - if Nadal dominates clay and just does as he usually does outside of clay - then he's #1. Infact he would have been #1 in 2005, 2006 and 2007 if it hadn't been for Federer turning in superhuman efforts. Neither Federer these days, nor anyone else can pull in that kind of effort this year.

So my theory is this: If Nadal can put in his "typical" season, like in 2006 or 2007, then he'll be #1.