MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #89
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolbo View Post
No, but if Djokovic plays and wins MC, Barcelona, Rome, Belgrade, and Madrid according to my little spreadsheet he could still reach 9605 points which is more than the 9225 if Fed looses everything. Now it's highly unlikely he'll play all those tournaments, particularly Barcelona and Belgrade and it's even more unlikely he'll win everything but theoretically I believe Djokovic could still reach no.1 after Madrid.
Djokovic will play Belgrade as his father is the owner of the tournament, but he will not play Barcelona. I guess he has enough problems now to even think of playing everything

By the way, marcRD spoke as if Djokovic had no chance to take number 1 from Federer : I did seriously believe he could, he was able to win IW and Miami, actually even on clay he's second or third after Nadal, and if Nadal is injured, he was perfectly able to win RG and MS1000 tournament on clay as Federer did.

Now he still has a better theoretical deal than Nadal on a mathematical point of view, but the conditions are far worse for him, esp considering his recent problems with serve and other issues