MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 03-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #76
country flag Midnight Ninja

Midnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond reputeMidnight Ninja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Yes, but you don't quite understand. I tallied all the tournaments and points that they had after RG all the way to after the AO as the base.

This is why Murray is still a greater threat than Djoko, for the simple reason that he piled on more points from June of last year, to February of this year. Djoko, on the other hand, has a substantial amount his points based on this section of the season. Now when I award both of them their maximums, Djokovic gets zero benefits for doing well last year in these tournaments, and Murray gets rewarded for doing poorly, even though they receive the exactly same thing, a win.
I think there is some error in your calculation. I just did some quick calculations here (including the three 500 W for Djokovic) and it is Djokovic who actually leads Murray in the number of points from RG 09 to IW/Miami. According to my calculations Djokovic has a base of 5570 and Murray at 4450. Adding the 5500~ point maximum for both, you reach a technical maximum of 1170 and 9950.
Midnight Ninja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote