MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #69
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
yes... 285 weeks is guaranteed now from my calculations too...

well the thing is i called this thread "countdown to record #1" thread because realistically i din even think anyone can stop roger from taking the record (at the time when the thread started)... not even nadal. but given the maths we can't be certain to hand the #1 record to him yet. so it's not so much of who is bigger threat to the record but it's about when we can hand the #1 record to him... and i am talking about giving him the record BEFORE 287 weeks is up... and so when this day comes then my job is done here and can stop updating this thread (the thread will then be called "congrats on record #1 thread" or something) and start celebrating...

and wow thanks for sticking my thread...!

regards,
wacky
I perfectly understood that, I am just talking about most people have been talking about Djokovic and Murray as the biggest threat because they can potentialy gain most points during clay season, obviously Nadal is the biggest threat when he in fact has won 4 out of 5 big clay events for like 4 out of the last 5 years and 3 out of 5 last year. We know Nadal winning Rome, Barcelona and Monte Carlo is likely while winning Madrid is less certain, winning RG is very likely and winning Miami is possible. If Nadal does that (wins 5 out of the next 6 tournaments), probably there will be nothing Federer can do to stop him taking the nr1 spot because Federer will be defending 3450 points during clay season..
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote