MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Andy Roddick News Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #15
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2009 News/Schedule Thread

Federer, Roddick a contrast in styles
by Richard Evans
March 25, 2010

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/stor...-styles-032510
As a leading member of the supporting cast, Roddick knows exactly what Federer is talking about, but with Andy you get different sorts of answers. He can be flip, sarcastic and funny, and if that got him into trouble earlier in his career, regular tennis writers understand him now, too, and realize he is a good guy who loves and honors the game. And he will be a little more expansive than Federer, revealing more of himself as the emotion takes hold.

[. . .]

Inevitably, that led to a reference to the fact that his wife got a Sports Illustrated cover before he did.

“Yeah. Trust me, that fact wasn’t lost on her," Roddick said. "I promise you. She gave me a little crap. I said, after the Wimbledon final, three or four days afterwards, after I had started speaking again, I said to her, you’re going to get it before me. That was one of the things I was bitter about.”

The expression tells you how serious Andy is being. Or not. He can turn his sense of humor on himself as fast as one of his serves leaves his racket. But what you get from him is an “A" for effort. He’s still America’s No. 1. And he’s not going away.

"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote