MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The most #1 record reached thread

View Single Post

Old 03-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #49
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The countdown to most #1 record thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
The problem is that for the record he needs to retain his points. Taking RG out of the equation would put him only 1300 points down from clinching number one until RG. I believe that Murray is the only one who can still catch him before RG.
Well I've not read the first post, but Djokovic is still definitely the main threat for the record.

So far for the record (points after the Queens/Halle) when you take off every point which players will lose by then, you have :

Code:
Federer	7 235
Djokovic	5 760
Davydenko	4 785
Murray	4 685
Del Potro	4 405
Roddick	3 430
Nadal	3 350
Söderling	2 895
Then Djoko "only" has to get 1500 more points than Federer by then.
With 6000 points he could possibly get, among which 2000 points in RG, it's far from impossible.

Federer should stay number 1 until the end of Roland-Garros (which would bring his record to 285 weeks, only one week from the record), that's nearly sure, but all of the problem is to still be number 1 after Roland-Garros (in that case Fed would be equal with Sampras, and he would beat him if he's still number 1 after the Queens/Halle).

What's "reassuring" for Federer is that Djokovic is not precisely reassuring recently, and Davydenko is injured. Same for Del Potro.

The second threat would be Nadal imo, more than Murray. He can still catch him after winning Roland-Garros. But he should also be nearly perfect before, and Federer quite poor.