MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Federe funhouse? more like horror house :o miami fail thread

View Single Post

Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #13
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Counting the days till another delightful performance! Miami cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by crude oil View Post
It was still weird for a player of federer's calibre to be so unsure in the big moments - he remarked he didnt know whether to go aggressive of passive...He needs to be match tough - to gain back the shot selection he is known for. He was hitting the ball well as you say, but he was definitely more aggressive than usual on the big pts - maybe no confidence in his consistency?

his forehand at times was really crazy against marcos but he couldnt quite get a hold of his serve which ultimately cost him in the end.
Good analysis. On all three of his match points, he played a mixture of aggressive and passive tennis. On his third match point, he started the point off in typical Federer-when-haivng-match-point-on-return fashion: i.e. two BH slices. Then he got a really good BH to hit down the line and he was an inch away from hitting a pure winner, but it's rare to see him go for such a shot. He began the point willing to be patient and then unleashed an uncharacteristic shot.

As you say though, he hit some really, really good FH's which is a good sign because his FH in other losses lately hasn't been anything special at all i.e. his loss to Davy in Doha, losses in last year's TMC/WTF, loss to Djoko, loss to Benny, etc.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote