MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Yeah the team will be Hewitt, Luczak, Ball and Guccione/Hanley.

Nishikori does have a win over Looch on clay but it wasn't on the red clay (im assuming that is what they are using) and Looch was struggling at the time with that injury he had. Soeda's last match and only match in the last four years on clay was a 60 61 loss to Lorenzi. Ito just got bundled out in the first round of a futures tournament. Suzuki's from is hard to read. Sugita might be another one who gets a go. Won a challenger last week and won 2 clay futures last year. He lost in straights in a clay challenger to Ignatik this week.

I can't see Japan beating the Aussies. I think it will be extremely difficult for Nishikori to be able to beat Hewitt and Luczak on the clay in best of five set matches after just coming back from injury. And Australia won't be getting beat in the doubles and I don't think Japan's number 2 will pose a threat to Hewitt and Luczak on the clay.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote