MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Greg Jones Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2010, 02:07 AM   #42
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greg Jones Cheering Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
Does anyone else get the feeling that Greg is on the outer with Tennis Australia. He has just turned 21 and is on the verge of the top 200. He apparently declined payment from Tennis Australia, which I find very odd.

This week he has not been chosen to hit with the Davis Cup team which is also a little bit strange. Maybe Greg just wants to do it all by himself because he was always behind Brydan Klein and now he is finally ahead of him.

Anyway I think Greg is a huge prospect for us, but I know a few people on this forum don't like his attitude. To those people I say I watched him at the end of 2007 at a challenger tournament in Brisbane and he showed all the qualities that have Australian players have been known for. He lost the first set but fought hard and ended up winning in three sets. This guy is definetly a quality tennis player, pretty consistant too.
Maybe he doesn't fit into the TA criteria - he is now old at 21 and they are only interested in seeing those 16 year olds make it.

I say good luck to him for breaking from AIS - look at Nick Lindahl he has done much much better now that he is no longer in AIS.
Tenys4r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote