MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - In the Spotlight YOU! - 2013/2014 Edition - New questions! Post 59!

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 AM   #39
country flag marcRD
Banned!

marcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond reputemarcRD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the Spotlight - You! 2009/ some 2010 Edition

1) What caused you to join MTF?

I used to watch, play and talk alot about tennis with my father, when he died 4 years ago I couldnt share my love for the sport with anyone around me. Most of my friends hate sports or only like football and my brother is completely ignorant on sports so I felt like I had to share all my love for the sport with people, even if I cant see and dont know anything about these people.

2) Which are your favorite tennis players and why do you like them?

Edberg, he is the reason I started playing tennis and watch tennis. I have incredible memories when I was 7 allowed to sit late watching Edberg matches in USOPEN with my father.

Guga, I spotted him winning against Muster and said to my father that this guy will win the whole tournament and my father said that would be impossible. Something about him really got to me, he was completely different from the rest with colorful clothes and a messy surfer style and his tennis was so powerful and different from the spaniards and defensive tennis played on clay at the time. How he won RG 97 just made me a fan forever, beating all the greatest claycourt players in epic 5 set marathons and out of nowhere winning his 1st title in RG of all places!

Federer, I saw him in Milano 2001 and said to my father this guy is one of the most talented players I have ever seen, he will be one of the greatest. IN WImbledon 2001 I saw him beat Sampras (who I really wanted to lose all the time) and the performance made me belive this guy had the potential to be the greatest of all time. My father was a big fan of Nalbandian and it turned out that Nalby was beating Federer all the time and making more progress than him in 2002, in 2003 I knew Federer would win Wimbledon after QF and betted with my father who thought Roddick was too big for Federer. After the SF and F by Fed 2003 I just couldnt belive the kind of shots he was hitting and I knew this player would be a legend.

3) What are your 10 favorite songs?

Idont know, I will say 10 songs that come to mind but prob there are tons I like even more...

Beatles-A day in the life
Radiohead- How to completely disappear
Tom Waits- All the world is green
Bob Dylan- The Times They Are A Changin and It Aint Me Baby
Tom Jobim- Aguas de marco
Chico Buarque-Construcao
David Bowie-Space oddity
Neil Young Don't Let It Bring You Down
Portishead-The rip
Cat Powers-Sea of love
Yann Tiersen-Rue des cascades

4) What is your philosophy of life in general?

To never look back and never worry about tomorrow. I am inclined to have depressions but have found my way to find happiness and inner peace. I try to do things that I am afraid off (many things), I hope to be the kind of person that has no regretts and nothing to hide when I will be in my death bed. I am an atheist so I know I only have one life to do all the things that I like and no other life to undo the wrongs I do to other people in this life.

5) What are your best and worst traits?

Best trait would be that I am very reasonable and calm in stressfull situations, I consider myself also to be a very logical person.

Worst trait would be that it is very difficult for people to become friends with me and I dont open myself up with people I dont know very well.

6) If you had to reccomend a book(s) and a movie(s) to other people, which would they be?

Book: Blood Meridian, Or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac Mccarthy

Movie: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Milos Forman

7) What would you have written in your epitaph?

Life happened too fast, my death will take a while for me to get over..

8) Which other sports besides tennis are you a fan of?

football and hockey

9) What countries would you like to visit and why?

I have visited France, Brazil, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Argentina, UK, Spain.

I would like to visit India, Japan, USA and Iceland. I dont even think I need to explain why, I am just interested in these exceptional places and cultures and it would be lovely to find mew experiences in these countries.

10) If you had one piece of advice to give to others, what would it be?

Live for the moments and dont waste time on people and things you hate, just ignore it. Try thinking and talking about things you like.

11) Which are your favorite quotes?

“Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be.”

"a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

"life is too serious to be taken seriously"

"We were given two ears and one mouth, so we can hear twice as much as we say."

12) What is that you most love and hate?

I love most my family, then comes sex with women I love, then comes competing about anything with anyone, then comes my mother's food, then comes great litterature, movies and sports, then comes learning new things about life and the world around me, then comes sex with women I dont love.....

I dont care about what I hate, I try to ignore it. But now I guess I have to say something then I say I hate people who are obsessed about things they hate.

Last edited by marcRD : 03-02-2010 at 03:43 AM.
marcRD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote