MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

View Single Post

Old 02-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #289
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozka View Post
How do I post screen pictures here? It tells me that it is an invalid file. Its a TIFF image. From my Mac OSX. I wish I knew more and didn't have to ask all the time. I hope you're not getting sick of being asked.
Not at all, and it might be of use to other mac users out there! First try saving the pic as a .jpg, i.e. open it, then go to File / Save As and choose .jpg from the drop down.

For the future, you might want to consider changing your OSX default screen cap file format. To do that, go to Applications / Utilities / Terminal and type in (depending on the file format you want):

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type jpg
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type png
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type pdf
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type tif

Quit Terminal and restart your computer.

My motto is, if in doubt, do an internet search first! Just now I googled "change default screen cap file format mac os x" and found useful info here and here. Good luck!
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote