MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

View Single Post

Old 02-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #277
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soozka View Post
How do you do this? I need really baby steps in order to understand what to do. Plus I'm using a Mac OSX, if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help you can give.
Hi Soozka, I use OS X as well and there are some v handy features and backdoors that I discovered via internet search.

For screencaps, hold down Command (or Apple sign) + Shift, then press 4 and a symbol resembling a crosshair rifle sight should appear. Let go of Command/Shift/4. Using the mouse, lasso the image you want to capture, then let go. A .png should automatically appear on your desktop.

For grabbing webpage content in Safari (.flv, .mp3, .mp4, .jpg, you name it) go to Window / Activity. This launches a list of the files on the webpage and all you have to do is double-click on the desired file (in the case of video, it will automatically start downloading). It doesn't work in all cases, esp. with very strong encryption, but overall is amazingly convenient.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote