MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Devin Britton

Thread: Devin Britton
View Single Post

Old 02-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #67
country flag Rob_C

Rob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond reputeRob_C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Devin Britton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-swede View Post
Devins success at the NCAA's were a big surprise, he was good all season, but never bettern then 25 or 30 in the rankings and much more not in his playing/results. Then he wins such a tournament and decides to go PRO, but he is not that PRO he likes to be. Another year in Ole Miss would have helped a lot, with a lot of quality matches. He would have had 20 or more quality opponents there.
Well, he was coming off getting to the US Open jrs Finals, where he beat the #1 seed along the way, IIRC, wasnt it Tomic that he beat???

Then he gets to the Wimby jrs semis, plus the Roehampton semis also, I think. Maybe he felt going back to college would have been a step back.

He's won matches at the Futures level before turning pro, I'm sure he felt he would continue to win, and more frequently. Maybe he's having trouble with the pressure. He played Haas and Federer tough, plus close losses pretty much whenever he's competed in a tour event, MD or qualies, that has to be encouraging.
Rob_C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote