MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #198
country flag davis

davis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond reputedavis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

I surely am a fan of order (some used to call me the "queen of order" LOL) so I somehow see the point of people wanting to stick to the thread title. But does the subject really require such a heated discussion?

I think it's very nice of monkeytattoo that she wants to share whatever pictures she found and deems "rare". Sure, I agree with the other posters, I know a lot of those "rare" ones - so I scroll through them and ignore them. To give someone who is willing to spend time and effort in order to share stuff such a hard time seems a bit discouraging.

IF order needs to be restored - why not take mer's idea? Start a new thread for photos in general, something like "Marat Rarities" (and why not merge fino7marat's thread into it, BTW...), transfer things over and keep this thread for 2010?!

monkeytattoo, this might seem rigid to you, but believe me, rigidity has a lot of advantages when running an open forum. Imagine someone who isn't always visiting and who tries to find older photos - the last place he would search for them would be the 2010 thread, right? And the suggestion really doesn't involve a lot of work. You are right, people's personal preferences aren't a good reason for a change; I think that keeping an easily navigable forum for everyone is, though.

In any case, I'm sure Mrs. Penguin will have the last say in this and make a wise decision.
davis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote