MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world!!

View Single Post

Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #191
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Photo Thread: Because Love, Beauty and Bespoke Tailoring will save the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
I agree - I would prefer to keep this thread for 2010 photos only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
I second that.
When I opened this thread, I asked if we could possibly keep it "new horizons" only, which also included brand new pics from other years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
Could we possibly keep this thread "new horizons" only? Maybe someone could open a "Vintage Marat" thread for old photos like this one?
Quote:
Well, since you posted a pic from June 2009, I think it's fine to see the other side of Marat's beauty, a.k.a. the twins
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
I don't see any need to get personal. It's still 2009, plus the photo from June has never been posted before, unlike the Shanghai 2005 photo. So just asking again, could we possibly keep this "new horizons", which of course can include brand new pics from other years?
All the past photo threads on this forum contain pics from different years, and this one can too. Just because a single career retrospective has been posted here doesn't mean that such items will dominate this thread.

In any case, I have found no rules/guidelines about posting photos strictly according to year, and I've asked Penny about it on more than one occasion.

It's difficult to see anything objectionable in anyone's posting never-seen-before, non-2010 pics, especially if it's unreleased art or magazine portraiture, for example. Something like that, if it comes along, belongs in this thread surely. It seems petty to insist they be posted elsewhere on principle, given that such a principle has never applied to other past photo threads.

Quote:
Majority of the pics have been posted in the respective threads.
Some of them may have been posted before (I question whether the majority has) and if so, they are lurking in old photo threads hundreds-deep and not easily accessible. Anyone is welcome to prove me wrong by trawling through all the threads.

However, the photos on the previous page are rarely seen, plus they're large and high-res, perfect for fans to upgrade their collection if they wish, instead of being stuck with small, low-res poor quality versions forever.

Quote:
If anyone is nostalgic, I recommend searching through this forum.
It's not nostalgia prompting me to post those photos, but a desire to share one of the higher quality, post-retirement career retrospectives of Marat, and what's more, to make it more readily available to all.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote