MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Laurynas Grigelis (LTU)

View Single Post

Old 02-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #29
country flag Dalx

Dalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond reputeDalx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laurynas Grigelis (LTU)

Laurynas was close to win in the 1st set but finally was not able to reach quaterfinal :
Roman Valent SUI [Q] vs. Laurynas Grigelis LTU [WC] | 7-5 6-3

I found the interesting article LITUANO D'ITALIA about Laurynas on the website:
http://www.tennisbest.com/index.php?...2247&Itemid=74

Here is a Google translation from Italian:

LITUANO D'ITALIA
Bergamo Riccardo Bisti - February 10, 2010
Article published on the site www.tennisbest.com

It will be for food or perhaps the climate, who knows. But a fact that many foreign tennis players choose Italy as a basis for developing their careers. The best known is Andrey Golubev, Kazakhstan's top 100 living in Bra. But there's a new name on the horizon: this is Laurynas Grigelis, Lithuanian born in Klaipeda (third most important city in the country) August 14, 1991. Laurynas is therefore "born" Lithuanian and Soviet, as the country was proclaimed independent in 1990 (it was the first republic to break away from the Soviet Union). Laurynas has taken over the first racquet at age 6 years, but for a long time played 2-3 times a week, leading a life very similar to that of peers. "Then they realized my potential and I started playing more seriously." And so came the first contact with Italy, then a real migration. Today he lives with his parents in Bergamo and trains at the Tennis Club with the support of Brusaporto "Future Talent". "I was the first time in Cividino age of 12 years, accompanied by my trainer named Povilionine, and I stayed about twenty days. Then I returned to Lithuania and stopped working with her because she began to work on other players. Then I sent a little e-mail to Italy and England. A Cividino were happy to welcome me. " Aukse Mum and Stanislovas Dad have decided to support it. "Yes, to the point that moved with me. In fact I thank them for their support. How I thank the Future Talent who believes in me and is supporting me in every way. "

Surprise of the tournament
Grigelis is one of the characters of the Internazionali di Bergamo (42,500 €, Play-It). Entered in the main draw thanks to a wild card, he slipped the surprise of the tournament by beating Uladzmir Ignatik, number 1 of Belarus and Italy's next opponents in Davis Cup. The results of the end of 2009 authorizing the Italtennis to a minimum of concern, vanished after seeing the work. Tennis muscle, with two good basic but nothing more. Remains to be seen as influenced by the strong performance Grigelis, accompanied by his staff to the large track. "Of my performance I liked the attitude," says "Gray" "I fought point by point. At first I was very excited, but rose almost immediately. " 'It is true, was very tense for him is a new situation, "coach intervenes William Rota, who follows in Brusaporto in a team which also Andrea Stoppini, Andrea Falgheri and Filip Prpic. Then we ask what kind of player has in his hands. "Laurynas is a player suited to fast surfaces. With a good service, must make more. Has two good basic heavy blows ... in short, a modern tennis. Certainly needs to improve in many situations. " We liked both the courts (very elegant movement of the service) that the attitude lost the first set tie-break to, in a situation so emotionally against a more experienced opponent, many would give up. He finished even dominating. And today, in the second match starting at 10 if he sees with Roman Valent, coming from qualifying. Match possible. "But for me it does not matter the opponent, these levels are all strong."

Laurynas, there are few traces of you at juniors. Why?
Actually at Under 14 and Under 16 I played enough. At 14 years have been among the top 20 standings in ETA, then in the Under 16 number 3. Among the Under-18 I played a few tournaments, but then I decided to throw in the circuit of professionals. I wanted to experience as soon as possible. Certainly I would have liked to play some Slam, Wimbledon is my favorite, but I have no regrets in this regard.

What kind of programming do?
Immediately I go to sign on the qualifications of Marseilles or the Challenger in Belgrade. Then there is an important commitment: we will play in Davis Cup against Britain without Andy Murray. I think it is a feasible match, because our number 1 is Ricardas Berankis, another young rising. We certainly have the bench a bit 'short, because in the ATP rankings are only three Lithuanians. Then we will see: challengers certainly more than last year. My coach says we should also "deserve" to play some tournaments.

Where to play in Davis Cup? Tennis is followed in Lithuania?
Will play in Vilnius (the capital of Lithuania) on the synthetic indoor hall with a capacity of about 3,000 spectators. Tennis is quite follow, there is interest by newspapers and TV.

Come back often in your hometown?
Actually not too much. It happens at commitments like this or school(Laurynas joined last year of high school and being prepared for graduation. Of course, distance learning, ed). Otherwise sometimes on holiday.

What, in your opinion, young people most interesting circuit?
There are so many. So I would say about Ryan Harrison, Yuki Bhambri, Grigor Dimitrov, the same Berankis, Bernard Tomic. But I have not played against any of them. The strongest I've encountered? Would say the Polish Jerzy Janowicz. By far, the strongest player I have done is Benjamin Becker.

Application must for a guy like you. Your dream?
I'd like to enter the top 10 in the world and play and win a Grand Slam tournament. Hopefully.

What would you like to do off the field?
Very common hobby: I like to watch movies, listen to music and appreciate football. I'm an Inter fan.
Dalx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote